cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM workflow - user in multiple roles (email doesn't send)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on SOLMAN 7.0 and using ChaRM to manage our SAP changes.

I have created SMARTFORMS and have setup actions/conditions to send this mail to the correct partner when the status of a ZDMJ changes in ChaRM.

I noticed that sometimes the mail doesn't send.  It's not due to my actions/conditions, but ChaRM doesn't send all mail if it determines the same partner is already involved.  I'm not sure exactly how this works??

Is there a way to make ALL conditions appear (and mail to send), even if the partner is the same partner for multiple roles?

We also noticed that sometimes the mail is coming from the wrong person.  The email might appear in Outlook for the person and it could be automatically sent from BUSINESS PARTNER A....however, for that particular condition we wanted it from BUSINESS PARTNER B.

How does ChaRM determine the sender of the mail?

Any information on these two areas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

You need to deactivate the Badi - crm_Action_badi as mentioned in the Note - 895546. We also had faced this issue earlier and deactivation of the badi resolved it.

Regards,

Imran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deactivated CRM_ACTION_BADI and this resolved issue 

Many thanks to Jans for all her replies and Imran for confirming this also worked for him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please elabrate what is same partner in multiple roles.

I had one scenraio below, is it same you want, please check

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1249338

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Sorry about the late reply on this one.  I have a few examples as per below:

In our ZDMJ (Standard Correction) we have 4 roles:

Developer

Tester

Change Manager

IT Operator

If Developer and Tester are the same person, the Tester is NOT notified when the correction is changed to "In QAS" (i.e. in UR3 ready for UAT Testing).  We need this to send to Tester even if they are playing the Developer and Tester role.

Second example is: Change Manager and IT Operator are the same person.  Change Manager is not notified when ZDMJ is marked "Dev Test Successful".  Again, we need this to send regardless if they're the same person.

How do I change this so emails always send even if business partners are the same person?

Thanks
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

By default that mail action is based on the status, It wont consider who is triggering the action, irrespective of BP, if the status changed it triggers the mail to the xxx whose user in the field Change manager.. It wont look which user.

in your case if you nt receive Emails, check the action definition, is it marked as "Parner dependent", if yes remove that check mark. Save.

Again change the status and check the log, what exactly missing.

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

If I look at the Actions tab the action is NOT there (should be in yellow which means its pending)...but its not.  As soon as I change the Change Manager to someone else it appears in the Actions tab as a yellow icon.  It does this because the Change Manager and IT Operator are now different people.

I switched off the "Partner dependent" flag and tried again.  This time it did appear in Actions tab (yellow icon) but when I completed the Action it did not work (icon turned red).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Any further information you need from me which may help?

Really appreciate this!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

fine, what is the log saying? it is turned red why? any log s?

can you check the condition you defined for status change, "Dev successful test"

If can paste the condition here.

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi

I've had a look at the log and it has three errors:

1. No communication data could be determined from address

2. No recipient is available

3. Action could not be successfull executed

Remember, this is with the Partner Dependent flag switched off.  This errors for everyone (even if the Business Partners are different people).

When I switch the Partner Dependent flag back on, it works fine (if Business Partners are not the same).  But its not scheduled at all if the Business Partners are the same...which is the reason why I created this thread.

I have pasted the condition for "Dev Test Successful" below:

SCHEDULE CONDITION

&CRM Service Process.UserStatus& = E0002ZDMJHEAD (In Development)

START CONDITION

&CRM Service Process.UserStatus& = E0004ZDMJHEAD (Dev Test Successful)

The scheduling condition is NOT being shown (as yellow icon) in the Actions tab if the Business Partners are the same (as per my previous email).

Hoping you can assist

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

again, it is not able to determine the partner email address.

now will go by other way, make sure you activate the "Partner dependet" and Give the Proper Partner funcution.

if want to send the mail to Change manager if the action Dev Test Successful, then give the partner function as Change Manager sdcr0002.

after you maintained partner function, let me know the action available in the action list.

Please update.

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for that.  Ok, as per your above reply, I have activated the Partner Dependent flag and set the partner function to Change Manager.  This is what I originally had when I first started this thread.

When the status of the ZDMJ is "In Development", the Dev Test Successful action is shown in the actions tab (which is correct).  However, it only shows this if the Change Manager and the Developer are different people.  As soon as you update the business partners to the same person this action disappears from the action menu.

Regards

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I did a search on the SCN forums and found a couple of other threads on the same issue...however they were all "Not Answered".

Then I found a promising thread which pointed me to OSS Note 621183

Also look at OSS Note 566743 and the third dot point in the Symtpom (this is exactly what I'm experiencing).

Do you think this sounds promising?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, thanks for the note. That Clue leads to other sap note Note 895546 - FAQ: Partner-dependent actions

Can you check on Question 4, deactivate the crm_Action_badi and check.

Please update me the result.

Thanks,

Jansi