cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Line delivery date validation (PO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are currently running SCM-SNC 7.1 and came across a delivery date tolernace violation in the SNC portal that has spawned this question.  The business has alotted a +/- 10 day tolerance on delivery dates for a PO.  If a PO has a single line item with multiple schedule lines, the validation in SNC is not occurring at the schedule line level.  For example:

Line item 00010

1  Request - Schedule line 0001 - delivery date 06/05/2012

2  Request - Schedule line 0002 - delivery date 06/14/2012

3  Request - Schedule line 0003 - delivery date 06/20/2012

4  Confirmed - Schedule line 0001 - delivery date 06/05/2012 - SNC will allow the confirmation

5  Confirmed - Schedule line 0002 - delivery date 06/14/2012 - SNC will allow the confirmation

6  Confirmed - Schedule line 0003 - delivery date 06/20/2012 - Error - Delivery date violation

Our validation is comparing the SL's against the delivery date at the item level versus schedule line level.  I received word that the confirmation is unable to compare with a one to one comparison between the CONFIRMED line and it's respective REQUESTED line.

(Exact wording from my team: It is not possible to compare CONFIRMED schedule line data with the respective REQUEST schedule line data as there is no COMMON data on which comparison can be done.)

Has anyone here encountered and overcome this issue?

In order to work around we alert our buyers on a case by case basis to either create a new line for the third delivery (in this example) or a new PO.

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.  Just wondering if anyone has run into the same situation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hernan,

Your team is right. In standard PO confirmation processing, a confirmation schedule line refers to the item, not to a specific request schedule line. Thus, the above case cannot be handled.

However there is something called as "Extended Confirmation Management" in SNC - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp01/helpdata/en/43/4bb73ff1fe1bcbe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

which offers more functionalities for Supplier Confirmations.

But I am not sure if your requirement (Delivery Date Tolerance Check) will work in this.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I appreciate the input and have communicated this to my team

Answers (0)