cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently looking into the Service Registry and able to succesfully publish the web services also. But i wanted to know what all things we can do in SR. If my understanding is correct we can:

1) Publish the sender service definition created in PI and provide the endpoint URL along with the wsdl URL to 3rd party to consume the service and send messge to PI (sender soap scenario)?

2) Publish the external 3rd party web service (services which we used in case of receiver soap adapter scenarios) under SR using endpoint URL and the same can be used by other (sap and non-sap) applications within the same landscape?

Please confirm if my understanding is correct and what all we can do using SR?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement very much possible.

Publish your web service interfaces in Service registry and provide Wsdl and Service URLs to Third party system team , they can access your services.

Even other SAP Applications can publish their developmes as a Services in Service registry.

Service registry is not only for publishing the services but already have predefined services in SR. You can find end point by browsing SR.

Search in SCN you will find many use full docs on the same.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply!!

>>Publish your web service interfaces in Service registry and provide Wsdl and Service URLs to Third party system team , they can access your services.

This i can understand and have already done that. This will be applicable in case of soap sender scenarions.

>>Even other SAP Applications can publish their developmes as a Services in Service registry.

Do you have any blog or article which can help me in understanding the same.

and what about publishing external 3rd party web service, can i publish the external web service (using end point URL) and other non sap apllications can use it? What is the set up do i need to do so that they can acces the services from SR.

Thanks!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your second question,to publish the external webservice in your SR, you basically need endpoint WSDL. That's it. To publish in PI the same procedure. see below link..

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/pi-71-publishing-service-interface-as-a-webservice-in-sr/527/

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

The Service Registry precisely serves that purpose of  having all your web services (enterprise services) at one place.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, this is what my client wants to have a common repository at a single place and using PI as a middleware i suggested them to use SR.

But i want to check, if I publish 3rd party web service under SR then how come the other non- sap/ sap applications can access that web service and do the development?

Hope i am clear enough.

Thanks!!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you publish any service in Service registry(UDDI server) it is going to genarated WSDL for published service(it represent structure) and end point adress. These detials sufficient to invoke your published services.But exactl implementation (logic) done at your third party system.

PS: I never tried publishing non sap web serives in Service registry.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The third party requires WSDL (i.e endpoint WSDL URL) to consume webservice via using SR. Please refer my earlier reply link for knowing the procedure to publish webservice in SR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj/Baskar, 

I have tried to publish calculator web service. I have mentioned the calculator wsdl endpoint URL and then publish the service.

So is this the correct way to go forward and i can follow the same while publishing 3rd party services?

Thanks!!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct approach,but consider couple of design standards while publishing services from third party systems. you have to check compatibility and connectivity.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my earlier reply, I have published in SR only for the webservices that created using soap sender. When you publish the third party webservices in your SR, you basically maintain the connections to the webservices. That means you maintain the customer access for the third party webservices. So check with the third party about authentication levels such as basic authentication or anonymous SSL (just plain https over ssl) or client cert authentication and so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me check on this compatibilty and connectivity front and i will get back to both of you after checking the same.

Thanks!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would register the service definition only the one we create using soap sender scenario. The first option. You really don't need to register the third party webservice in your SR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Actually my client wants that all the web services in its landscape will be placed in one central repository and from there all other applications (non sap) can directly fetched the wsdl from there??

Is it possible and if yes then how?

Thanks!!