SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message FMAVC008 on AFAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm implementing SAP PSM-FM and i'm now receiving the message error FMAVC008 on posting assets depreciations. Should the budgate control be active to this kind of transactions ?

How can i deactivate it ?

Thanks in advance for your supporte.

Best Regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Once FM is implemented and also AVC is activated system checks the budget availability.

If commitment item created with 30/3 or 30/2 system checks the Budget. Hence, if you want

to exclude budget for few commitment items then you can maintain these CIs as budget exclude commitment items  or else you can create commitment item as statistical. This is upto your business decision either want to consume budget or not?

Hope you are understand the concept.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Rao, what commitment item type do you suggest to use in this case?

Please advice.

Thanks

Update: already ans here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca3fb8260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo:

What is the rational behind budgeting depreciation expense? Depreciation being not a real outflow cash needs not to be budgeted.I had the same issue and i created Commitment item master for depreciation expense related GL with 30/3 combination but set Statistical indicator. I hope it will help you.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Lopez

As I said this is upto your business decision, how they want to budget control for Dep GLs/Commitment items, Whether they want Budget AVC Control for Dep CIs or not?

My suggestion is you can use 30/3 and exclude these Dep GLs Commitment items from Budget AVC check if business wants to exclude from budget AVC check only.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

We are exactly in this situation: my customer wants to "control" these Dep GLs/Commitment items, but we configurate soft tolerance profile with them.

Thanks for replay.