cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning material to a batch, how is this done??

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Experts:

I know how to assign or create a batch in QA01, change in 02, and display in several Txs. 

If I am doing Results Recording and then must assign material to a batch, prior to UD, how is this done?? .... and how do I know if I'm assigning mat. to the correct batch???

Thanks

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Verroz

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right.... especially the confusion.. I believe it was the way the question was asked of me...

I'll try to ask it a little differently...

If I've completed Results Recording, but not UD, is there any way to ASSOCIATE this specific batch with a batch already created???

Thanks

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Or this inspection lot with a batch already created is what I should have written...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  If a material is batch managed, it will require a batch to be assigned before you perform any result recordings on it.  So you should not be able to add a batch number to an inspection lot where  you have already recorded results.  I.e the system should not let you record any results until the batch is assigned. 

The only exception I can think of is a source inspection lot which will allow you to create an inspection lot with no batch.  But I also beleive that it won't let you assign one later on either.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you are confused or not!!! While you can create a batch within QA02 we typically do not.  If you do, it is automatically assigned to the material the inspection lot is being created for.

Creating an inspection lot is not creating a batch!

Usually in most business processes the batches are created by the system at various times in the business procees.  So at times of a GR for instance. Or at the time a process/production order is released, etc...

FF