cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 to EHP5 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We are on AIX, Oracle with Dual Stack (ABAP+Java) . Currently we are on ECC6.0,And we wanted to know the steps related on how to upgrade Dual Stack (ABAP+Java).....We had done the NW 7.0 to 7.3 with the EHPI tool before and we assume that the upgrade process will be same as NW in the ECC also ,But the main thing,we are not sure about dual stack upgrade.

As we are on Dual Stack request you to kindly share your suggestions and procedures based on your experiences.

Thanks,

Rableen Khurana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The installation of dual stack systems(except for PI and Solution manager) are not supported as of NW 7.0 EHP1 (ERP 6.0 EHP4). Since ERP 6.0 EHP5 upgrade is basically termed as EHP installation(where you use SAPEHPI tool and not SAPup) , hence you cannot upgrade to ERP 6.0 EHP5 from ERP 6.0. You need to split your dual stack in this case into ABAP and JAVA based systems.

Refer the following notes for more information.

Note 855534 - Dual Stack and SAP Business Suite 7

Note 1655335 - Use Cases for Splitting Dual-Stack Systems

Also you cannot find any dual stack EHP install/upgrade guides for ERP 6.0 EHP5 in the SMP.

Once you split your dual stack , refer the guides below to upgrade the 2 separate systems.

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000456102012

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000456112012

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000749442010E

You will get more information on SMP .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Thanks for your reply.

We have 3 Application Server(Dialog Instance) and 1 Central Instance.

Kindly let me know, how AS will be upgraded in this case.

Thanks,

Rableen Khurana

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will only have to run the upgrade on the central instance host.

The dialog instances can be brought down during the upgrade.

Once completed you can restart the dialog instances.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit,

The installation of dual stack systems(except for PI and Solution manager) are not supported as of NW 7.0 EHP1 (ERP 6.0 EHP4).

i think Rableem is upgrading from ECC 6.0 to ehp5. so in this case Ehpi will support dual stack.

i have done dual stack upgrade from ecc 6.0 to ehp5.

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Can you please let me know the guide / note which states that SAPEHPI can do a dual stack upgrade to ECC EHP5 .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

please go through below link and follow 2.6 point and 27 page.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000677292010

New installations do not allow dual-stack systems. In an upgrade case, dual stack systems are still possible.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Twoways of looking at it. While dual stack upgrade to EHP5 is possible but in future when a further upgrade from EHP5 to higher EHP/release has to be done it won't be possible. So what you would have to do in future you might as well do it now.

If you don't want to consider that then of course dual stack upgrade to EHP5 is possible..

Regards.

Ruchit khushu

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would request you to kindly check the relevant Upgrade/Installation Guides. You will be able to find all the relevant information in the guides.

Regards,

Guarav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableem,

as you have exp on single stack upgrade. you can go ahead with dual stack.

is your ecc system is well connected with solution manager? i mean for java stack it should be update information through SLD.

mostly it will be same as single stack.

as Gaurav suggested kidly go through upgrade guide for other details.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav And Venkat,

You have given the suggestion "check the relevant Upgrade/Installation Guides"....I have already check the guides but still i need some more help ...if any person have done it on dual stack

Please share the steps..

Rableen