cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version: prerequisite 'MS Loopback Adapter'

0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody can tell me more about the necessity to install  MS Loopback Adapter as a prerequisite for installing the above mentioned SAP NetWeaver 7.02. ABAP ap...

I want to install the above mentioned SAP NetWeaver application Server on my private Windows Vista SP 2 32 Bit system.

It's a Win Vista SP 2 Home premium system.

CPU and RAM are sufficent available for the installation of the server.

It is a pc which ist connected to the Internet via a normal Network adapter.

It want to try out this software on one single hardware. (Server and client on the same physical system.)

Is it possible to do this?

Do I have to install the MS Loopback Adapter first when installing the SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP application server?

Thank you.

Kind regard, Thomas Tress, Robert Bosch GmbH - Stuttgart (Germany)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below is good information as to why MS loopback adapter required for PCs:

SAP is dependent on network functionality - even for the set-up routines. Specifically it needs to use named-pipe/mailslot functionality on NT machines. These usually require a network card to be present. If you don't have a network card then go to control panel/networks, choose add adapter and then add the Microsoft loopback adapter - which is just a dummy driver, no hardware involved. This needs to have working network protocol(s) bound to it. Let whichever protocols you have use default parameters, EXCEPT for tcp-ip. If you are using this then do NOT specify dhcp assigned address, use 192.168.1.1 as the IP address and 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask. This is a standard RFC1918 non-routed IP address so shouldn't clash with any dial-up address you may be given by an ISP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,  I have found further information of this trial version, it should be supported on vista. PLease find further information here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/abap?rid=/library/uuid/80db43c2-9ee5-2d10-de8e-8547de363868

Kind regards

Istvan Elek