cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Unit of measurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing this critical issue where my client produces various product lines and selling of price each is determined using same condition type PR00.

The problem is here that I have maintained condition records in TON.

My material base unit is EA. and net weight in Gram approx 4.02 G

Now if I want to maintain additional unit of measurement to condition records from TON to each, I will not be able to do as the conversion is

4.02 TON = 1000000 EA

Now the system is not allowing me to enter EA more than 10000

Can anybody please help. this is very urgent. Appreciate your valuable time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and net weight in Gram approx 4.02 G
4.02 TON = 1000000 EA

Can you confirm which one of the above is correct ?  Gram or Ton ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

For your clarifications,

Per piece (EA) weight is 4.02 Grams (G)

Sales unit is EA.

Condition record unit is TO

I need to maintain conversion between EA to TO in Material Master which comes down to

4.02 G = 1 EA

4020 G = 1000 EA

4.02 KG = 1000 EA

4020 KG = 1000000 EA

4.02 TO = 1000000 EA

now since I cannot maintain decimal places in additional data of material master.

402 TO = 100000000 EA

Now system only allows about four zeroes i.e. 10000 EA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

Hear conversion from EA to TON is required to be maintained (either in Material master or in condition record) because this conversion is not standard.

And looking at system limitation of 5 digit (i.e. 10000 EA), you can maintain rate at KG level and can use it in sales order even though sales unit is in TON.

In this can system will automatically convert the price from KG to TON in sales order because KG to TON conversion is standard. In this case KG to TON conversion is not required to be maintained.

Try this and let me know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is

Scenario

for material m1, 1 EA = 4.023 G --> 4023 G = 1000 EA, 4.023 KG = 1000 EA

Since the system doesn't accept decimal points, I will again have multiply both sides by 1000

and the conversion becomes 4023 KG = 1000000 EA

which is not accepted by the syste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain 4.02 Kg = 1000 EA.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

Just for the information, you can't maintain decimals in the unit to unit conversion in additional data tab of material master.

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check in the table MARM.

Check in Tcode: CUNI for the conversion.

i think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really could not get your issue. However If I have understood correctly in condition record maintainence at VK11 you are able to enter price for maximum upto 5 digits which is standard of SAP.

You can anyways enter price of EA at VK11 using this standard itself eg:presently you have entered price pre TON lets say Rs 10000/- per 1TON. now for 4.02 TONS it will be 4.02*10000 = 40200/-.

which means 40200/- for 1000000 EA so in condition record you can enter 402/- per 10000EA.

For this to work correctly you need to enter conversion between TON and EA in material master additional data.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sridhar.