cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Replace an Agent in Process Controlled Workflow SRM 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are new to process controlled workflow (SRM 7.0, ECC6) and always had our SRM Workflows using application, business objects.

We are using the BRF process, looking for a rule if shopping cart is over a certain limit, them the cart needs approval. We have

4 levels of approval depending on the value of the shopping cart.

At each level, the shopping cart creator can have a pre-determined agent which is stored in a table.

When the cart is entered, we implemented the BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER where we

look at our table and  get the agent for each level of approval. This is what is being displayed when cart is created.

However, once the agent is displayed the creator now has the option of changing the approver at each level in

the preview screen. Our questions is HOW DO WE REPLACE the APPROVER WE ARE SHOWING with a new

approver? We will base the new approver on Roles? WE DO NOT want to ADD/REMOVE approver  which is  a level in the BRF process.

Please Advise???? Any BADI's that need to be implemented for this. I have looked at the /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC  one.

Do see when you click on ADD approver, there is a search that says Replace.

When I click on this an empty table comes up. Is this something I can use to resolve our issue???

Can we ehance with a BADI? Id what is the BADI?

Any insights would be helpful? Thanks SO Much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard PC WFL it is not possible to replace an approver.

Please review notes:

1684052 - Unable to replace approvers in Process Controlled Workflow

1595997 - it is not possible to change/delete ad hoc approvers

Thanks,

Melina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

Thank you for taking the time to review and send a response to the post.

WE are trying to figure a way around this and still use process controlled workflow.

We see that we can do substition which really is not a good business option for us.

Workflows are not started until the "order process has started. We are looking to change the user in the "preview" stage. Do see there is some type of search help when a users is added.

1). Is there a way to have the search help show users in that list that we want. So they can choose and add from that .... is this the resolver badi? and can it be done?

2). Can we tell that it was adhoc users that was done by an indicator versus pre-determined in BRF?

3). Maybe in post process delete the sub-workflow that was started and we do not want.

Looking for any insights as this is a big part of business requirement.

We can always go back to application prcessing like we had in SRM4.0 and put that in in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne ,

There is no stardard Badi that will allow you to replace approvers in PC. You will need to make enhancements to activate buttons and to execute actions..etc.

Thw adhoc search help can be manipulated  by Badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_ADHOC_AGENT_F4 .

I hope it helps.

But I really not sure if this is a good thing to do as you will need to perform lot of changes in the standard code.

Cheers,

Melina

Answers (0)