cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Object cannot be edited'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Solution Managers,

When I try to upload a document into my process under the tab 'proj. documentation' I get the error '' Object cannot be edited".

This error appears when I try to upload .DOC files. Has anyone encounter this problem before and solved it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Does this happen only when uploading a document?

Does it happens at every upload or only when uploading a new document?

Which version of office and windows are you using?

Check if in your folder configurations on windows it is not set to hide the extension, this may cause some problems because when uploading the document, it could happen that the system doesn't gets the extension correctly.

This is what I could remember off the top of my head.

btw, Prakhar suggestions were very good. In the majority of the cases, it is related to the SAP GUI version. But in this case, your version seems ok.

kind regards,Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thanks for your reply. We are running on Office 2003 and the issue is now also if we try to create a new document. We created a oss note at SAP and they say that we have to restart are external content server. But we don't have a external content server. They also suggested to run report RSCMST on are repository to check it. But i don't know which standard repository is used in SOLAR01.

Do you maybe have an idea which repository or other suggestions that can maybe solve this issue?

Regards,

Ricky

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you display the documents

There can be various reason

but first check your SAP GUI

is it the latest with upto date patch level ....right click and check it

if so we proceed further

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for you reply.

I can display documents and my SAP GUI is 720 and on patchlevel 7.

The strange thing is that on the Solman sandbox system i don't have this issue.

I'm running on Solman 7.1 SP4.

The question mark with the error displays this:

Check if the info object is checked out. If it is checked out, you can repeat the operation again after checking in this info object.

If the info object is not checked out, there is probably a data inconsistency. You can correct this inconsistency by repairing the info object in the Info Object List.
You can find the Repair function under Info object -> Various -> Repair.

If the operation still causes this error after it has been repaired, please contact the person responsible for your Knowledge Warehouse system.

But i have no idea where i can find the info object list and if it it the solution.

What do you think?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it seems a problem with kW as solman project stores all the info in the knowledge warehouse

so you can see in si80 the info objects

but i think for speedier resolution raise oss 

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prakhar,

I'm going to raise a OSS note.

Regards,

Ricky