cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP SRM with SAP Sourcing 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement where after a sourcing event buyer creates a operation contract in SAP SRM 7.01 system, now for the created operational contract the legal team wants to author a legal contract in SAP Sourcing 9.0 system (Contract Management module)

SAP Sourcing 9.0 offers integration where the contract created in SAP Sourcing 9.0 system can be replicated as operational contract in SAP SRM.

However our requirement is in the reverse direction.

Can we make use of the integration interface to push the operational contract details to SAP Sourcing 9.0 to create the legal contract in CLM. The CLM system will be used as repository for the contract documents created.

Kindly provide pointers in addressing this requirement.

Rgds,

Madhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can somebody please help with understanding of contract management and make a clear description of differences between "SRM Central contract management" and "SAP Sourcing/CLM" and combination of both?

Reading SAP documentation I have the feeling that both allow creation and modification of contract centrally, that afterwards is transformed to purchasing contract in ECC.

As I see Sourcing/CLM allows to manage administrative part of contract (legal), provides library of clauses...what type of contracts then we can create in SRM when is not used with functionality of CLM? What exaclty opetational contract means?

Thanks a lot in advance for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madihan,

have you already taken a look at the blog entries by Product Management.

http://scn.sap.com/community/sourcing/blog/2012/03/19/sap-sourcingsap-clm-integration-with-sap-srm

Let me know if that answers your question ?

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The blog refers to transferring contract information from SAP Sourcing 9.0 to SAP SRM.

Our requirement is transferring the operational contract information from SAP SRM 7.01 to SAP Sourcing 9.0 and then author legal contract document in SAP Sourcing 9.0

So the blog information does not answer our requirement.

Rgds,

Madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhan,

SAP Sourcing supports in standard the direction from Sourcing to SRM, the other way as you are asking for is not supported. The feedback we received is that purchasers first work on the paper/legal contract and afterwards the operational contract (or in parallel) is created.

If I understand you correctly you are using the SRM Bidding Engine and afterwards you create an SRM Central Contract. You would need to create a custom solution by creating a master agreement (e.g. without line items) in Sourcing/CLM and from there you can create the legal contract.

best regards

Markus