Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap system performance checking at os level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

now iam looking to your help to found problems in my sap system at os level,

please give me some information how can i check my system at os level ....we use unix systems...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are OS performance tools available depends on UNIX flavor. for more help on each command use (man <command>). If you are new to UNIX then request UNIX team to provide information you want.

top - Information about the top processes on the system

iostat - I/O stats

nmon  - Displays local system statistics in interactive mode and records system statistics in recording mode.

topas - local and remote system statistics

jensfieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

if you need to check the availability you can use sapcontrol (which provides for sure a lot of more functions than the two mentioned below):

sapcontrol -nr <SYSNO> -function GetProcessList

sapcontrol -nr <SYSNO> -function J2EEGetProcessList

Best regards,

Jens

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are exactly looking for but just an info from my end.

To analyze problems in SAP system at the OS level , you need to go the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSXX/work . This the working directory of the instance . You will the get the trace files for all the processes that run with the specified instance . For example for ABAP dispatcher , the trace file is dev_disp, for workprocess it would be dev_w* , for icm dev_icm etc.

To analyze the hardware resources used , command such as vmstat (memory), iostat (I/O), top/topas (CPU utilization for processes),netstat (network connections) etc.

Regards

Ratnajit