Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM scenario in chip mfg company

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello QM experts,

I've to map a QM scenarion for incoming & customer inspection process for a one of micro-chip (memory cards) manufacturing company.

I donot have any business process related to this company... 😞  and hence before starting QM setup, I've some very basic questions... it would be very helpful if somebody throw some light on my queries.

- Whether I should go for Qualitative / Quantitative inspection ?

- Any specific code/code group that can be defined for RR & UD in this kind of company?

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Kindly excuse me if I have mistaken somewhere!

I feel, probably the business users would be the best judges to answer this call, as they might be dealing with this product everyday.

Or is it like that you want to suggest them what parameters they must use to inspect this?

Regards,

Anand

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Anand,

Thanks for reply but as I said, do not have any info/inputs on/about business process...

Everything I need to start from scratch... 😞

Please suggest if you've any thought.

Regards,

Anup

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm with Anand here.  You can't develp a QM process without input from the business users.  That would be like me tailoring a suit for you from a physical description with no measurements given to me by Anand!

Are you trying to develop a demo system to win a contract or prep for an interview?  Cause this doesn't sound quite right to me.  It's not passing the smell test! 

If you need ideas, I suggest you research the industry itself.  Look for testing standards related to the semi-condutor industry and take some tests from the standards.

FF