cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding the transfer a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Qs is 1) We are using PI 7.0....we want to transfer a file.... the content of it is not known...it may have images as well......

how to do it?

can we tranfer files without parsing its content?

The files will be pdf files and the files can contain images as well.

The content is dynamic.

Regards,

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this post and opening a new one....because there is a bit of modification. Please answer to that. Please please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...if the content of the file is unknown and dynamic.....and i want to read the file and also the filename....is it possible to do in SAP PI 7.0? And after reading that file I need to call an application service. Is it possible?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanghamitra,

You need java mapping (or adapter module in sender file adapter) to convert PDF into XML. For doing so you need to use itext library http://itextpdf.com/itext.php .  You can download jar files and add to java mapping for use. Not all features are free in Itext so just go through the features before you decide. The filename can be read using Adapter specific message attributes.You need to provide details of application you are trying to call from PI then only forum members can help you further.

Regards

Anupam

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanghamithra,

Yes, you can transfer the file without parsing it in PI directly to another FTP/Folder. For that, no need to create any interfaces. You can use dummy interface names in ID.

Refer below thread,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Regards

Baskaran K

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly do you want to do with the file? Simply transfer it from one directory to another, or between file and e-mail adapter, or so? If yes, then your scenario is possible and is called the "pass-through file scenario". Search SDN to find many interesting details about it. The point is, you don't use ESR objects like mappings and so on, only use ID configuration. Moreover, in the sender/receiver file CC, use the file type: binary.

Regards,

Greg

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos