SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF trace in EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using dunning by collection strategy in environment SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5. The BRF is implemented and working alright.

When I execute the dunning proposal (FPVA) with the option 'BRF trace', the trace does not gets recorded in the system. The days until trace deleted is defaulted to 30 days. After the dunning proposal has been successfully run (meaning a collection step has been reached), if I click the button 'Display BRF trace', the system does not display any trace.

But if I switch on the debugger using 'dbug' command while executing a dunning proposal, the BRF trace is visible after the dunning proposal run is completed.

Is there any setting to make the BRF trace visible from FPVA transaction?

Kindly help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sakthi:

You must make sure that your event 315 has logic to initiate the trace generation.  It is in the logic for standard FM FKK_SAMPLE_0315 at line 351.  If that is called, then RFKKCM_BRFTRACE_DISPLAY should show the results.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Please refer to the note 1289497 for your requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

This note is not applicable for EHP5 because in EHP5, we do not have to do the enhancement at event 315 just to turn on the BRF trace. In EHP5, by checking the tick-box 'Trace Active', SAP does this as standard.

But my question is that, these traces are not getting recorded (normal mode, not the debugging mode). After the dunning proposal has been executed, the trace should be available in display mode.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sakthi:

You must make sure that your event 315 has logic to initiate the trace generation.  It is in the logic for standard FM FKK_SAMPLE_0315 at line 351.  If that is called, then RFKKCM_BRFTRACE_DISPLAY should show the results.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

You were right. The code to record the BRF trace was not existing in our custom function module. We were earlier in EHP4 when we created this custom function module. Later the project as a whole got upgraded to EHP5 but we were still using the old custom function module. Hence this piece of code was missing.

Now all fine. Thanks.

Thanks,

Sakthi.