cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable filename in an Reciever Fileadapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have this problem.:

From an idoc I have the field 'type'.

If type = '1' than the filename should be  SQ3511.xml

If type = '2' than the filename should be  SQ4511.xml

I found some blogs her at SCN, but can someone help me with some screenshots that explain how

to set up ERS and ID (CC).

Thank's

/perarne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check my Wiki for a complete comparison of all methods available for dynamic receiver file name:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=272171407

Based on your description, Dynamic Configuration + Adapter-Specific Message Attributes looks like the best solution. The Wiki already provides configuration details and the UDF code to be used. Have a look and let us know if you still have questions.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg.

This Wiki was superb. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

perarne

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's nice to hear it, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

I'm trying to set up the 'Adapter-Specific Message Attributes and Dynamic Configuration'  as you descibe in your blog.

Than I have 3 questions.:

1: After creating the UDF. Can it be tested in ESR ? I tried but got an errormessage.

2: In your blog you use the field Number as the targetfield. In my mapping i don't know what field to use.

3: In ID I have to specify an filename even if I had set up the check boxes for Adapter-Spesific Message         Attributes. Will that filename be overided by the UDF ?

Thanks a lot  for an answer.

Best Regards

PerArne

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PerArne,

Answering your questions:

1. Well, you can still test the mapping, if you disable this particular field, where the UDF is called. This is because there is nothing to set in Dynamic Configuration during test. You could also put the UDF code into try-catch block to avoid the error.

2. Actually, you don't need to output anything at all from your UDF. Simply remove the output parameter of the UDF.

3. Yes, it will be overwritten.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

It works perfect now.

Best Regards

Per Arne