cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the JDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After I updated the JDK to 1.4.2_07 as recommended for JDI installation, the Netweaver Developer Studio and WAS server do not work any more.

I am thinking there should be a file where this information can be updated, but I do not know where it is.

Does anyone konw where to update this information?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the JDK home directory for the Web AS using the Config tool:

1. Start the config tool using the configtool.bat under \usr\sap\<SID>\<InstanceName>\j2ee\configtool directory. Make sure the <b>DB is online</b> before you start the tool!!!

2. Then browse to cluster_data -> instance_ID<some number>. Make sure you clicked on the instance_ID<number>!

3. On the righthand side screen, click on the Message Server & Bootstrap tab, and then change the value of the Java Home property.

Here's the relevant documentation for reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/00/3ca3e81b5a4c749b860ab1ed1fb206/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivo,

I do not see a place for "java home" there.

All I see is:

Message server host

message server port

max heap size

java parameters

classpath

parameters

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, that's really strange! What version (SP) are you on? I've traced it back to Web AS 6.40 Sp4, and this property has always been there It's right above the max heap size field.

Ok, if you still don't find it there - let's do it another way:

1. Open the Config tool.

2. From the menu select File -> Configuration Editor

3. Switch to edit mode using the button with label "Switch between view and edit mode"

4. Browse the tree: Configurations -> cluster_data -> Propertysheet instance.properties.ID<somenumber>. Double click on the Propertysheet instance.properties.ID<somenumber> node.

5. A popup window appears. Locate all properties in the "name" column that have name following the pattern *.JavaPath (there should be 3 of them).

6. Click one of them and enter the new JDK home in the Custom field in the popup window. Then press Apply custom.

7. Repeat the same procedure for the other 2 props.

Hope that helps now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think SAP Note 718901 "How to change the JDK of an J2EE Engine" will help

Important is to delete the file /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<num>/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties.vmprop after the changes in the configtool.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivo,

Thanks for the reply, but we seem to be using different versions. I could not find an entry matching "*.JavaPath". Also, I have a button called "OK" (not "Apply custom").

I was running SP 9. Now up to SP 10. Did not see it on either one.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karsten,

The link was very helpful.

Answers (0)