I need help coordinating naming conventions in LSMW"s between the template, "maintain source fields," and "maintain field mapping and conversion rules."
- Can I "name" the columns in the template the "laymen's terms?
- For instance, my column could be "named" Company Code instead of BURKRS.
- However, in "change source fields," I would have to name the appropriate column BURKRS?
- Then, if I did name the column in the template "company code," and created a source field (in the LSMW) BURKRS, I would link the two (using Change Field Mapping and Conversion Rules)?
- Link the 2 fields in the sense of creating a source field?
Does anyone have any tips on linking names of columns in templates to the names of the appropriate SAP fields?
Thanks in advance...
As far as i think, you should be able to name the fields as per your choice for the source file.
e.g. you can name BUKRS as CompanyCode(without 'Space') for your source structure.
It can be done under "Maintain Source Fields" step of LSMW.
Then linking of source values will depend upon next two steps: "Maintain Structure Relations" and "Maintain Field Mappings and Conversion Rules".
First you need to link Source Structure to Destination Structure.
And then link corresponding fields in in the Field Mapping step.
Then you should be able to save and execute LSMW. There should not be any issue there.
I hope it helps you. Let me know the result. Thank you.