Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NetWeaver 7.02 Test Drive on RedHat 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using RHEL 6.2.  Memory is 4 GB.  64 bit installation, 64_x86

I install the NetWeaver 7.02 with Max DB test drive on Redhat.  Install completed fine and I am able to start and stop the SAP.  However I am having the following problem and am hoping that someone might be able to give me insight to the problems

1)  whern ever I try to start the SAPMC (http://nplhost:54213, I get the the applet error.  I installed the latest JRE 7.04 and then created the link in the plugins directory of mozilla, but still not able to start the SAPMC.  I guess using the applets on JRE are only supported on 32 bit installation.

I would appreciate if some can give solution to this problem

2) I tried to start the PLATINGUI72 and the I get the following error

nplhost:npladm 105> guistart /H/nplhost/S/3242

############################# ERROR #############################

11.06. 17:51:23.904 ERROR: GuiClassDescriptor.invoke(): com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setTableDimensions() parameters [0,0,0,]

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR: GuiAutomationCall.invoke: method invocation failed: com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl;setTableDimensions;java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.KeyStroke cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR: java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.KeyStroke cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at java.util.TreeMap.compare(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at java.util.TreeMap.put(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at java.util.TreeSet.add(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.plaf.synth.SynthSplitPaneUI.installDefaults(SynthSplitPaneUI.java:93)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI.installUI(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.JSplitPane.setUI(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.JSplitPane.updateUI(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.JSplitPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at javax.swing.JSplitPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.r3.control.sapawt.SAPTableSplitPane.<init>(SAPTableSplitPane.java:14)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setupSplitPane(GuiTableControl.java:358)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setupTopLevelPane(GuiTableControl.java:384)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setupTables(GuiTableControl.java:635)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setTableDimensions(GuiTableControl.java:1244)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiClassDescriptor.invoke(GuiClassDescriptor.java:180)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiAutomationDispatcher.invoke(GuiAutomationDispatcher.java:462)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiAutomationCall.invoke(GuiAutomationCall.java:167)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiAutomationProcessor.processAutomationCallList(GuiAutomationProcessor.java:191)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiAutomationProcessor.processDataFromServer(GuiAutomationProcessor.java:154)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.automation.GuiAutomationProcessor.handleDataFromServer(GuiAutomationProcessor.java:69)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.protocol.GuiMultiplexer.processDataFromServer(GuiMultiplexer.java:208)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at com.sap.platin.base.protocol.GuiMultiplexer.run(GuiMultiplexer.java:58)

11.06. 17:51:23.905 ERROR:           at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setupGuiBounds(GuiTableControl.java:1560)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVComponent.setupComponent(GuiVComponent.java:312)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVComponent.setupComponent(GuiVComponent.java:304)

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.endComponentUpdate(GuiTableControl.java:1358)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVContainer.endComponentUpdate(GuiVContainer.java:127)

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiListContainer.endComponentUpdate(GuiListContainer.java:99)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVContainer.endComponentUpdate(GuiVContainer.java:127)

at com.sap.platin.r3.session.GuiSession$EndComponentUpdater.run(GuiSession.java:3674)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.platin.micro.event.GuiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(GuiEventQueue.java:79)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.setupGuiBounds(GuiTableControl.java:1560)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVComponent.setupComponent(GuiVComponent.java:312)

at com.sap.platin.r3.cfw.GuiVComponent.setupComponent(GuiVComponent.java:304)

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiTableControl.endComponentUpdate(GuiTableControl.java:1358)

at com.sap.platin.r3.control.GuiListContainer.endComponentUpdate(GuiListContainer.java:99)

at com.sap.platin.r3.session.GuiSession$EndComponentUpdater.run(GuiSession.java:3674)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.platin.micro.event.GuiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(GuiEventQueue.java:79)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I would really appreciate any help.  I am just about to bang my head on the screen.

Thank yuo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil

have you tried to use a different machine to access SAPMC ?

It might be an issue with your laptop / desktop.

Also please just give a try with Interne explorer rather than mozilla.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amit. 

Not to much out there on the web in regards to SAP I guess.  But I was finally able to gather the bits and pieces from web and my painful first time installation experience.  The following are the observation

For the first problem where I am not able to start the SAP MC from the same machine as the SAP 7.02 installation. 

Apparently, SAP requires you to have 64 bit OS installation.  But JAVA applet is not supported on 64 bit machine.  So I guess, its the end user who loose out.  I am not a Java expert, so I don't know the way around to this problem. But as of now, I can't use SAP MC.

2) The SAP GUI java error.

From the looks of it, its seemed that its was not able to get info about the tables and other GUI definitions.  I guess that should have been the biggest hint that the database is not running.  Moral of the story, after installation, always restart the sap before starting the GUI.

Thank you all