Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change UME Configuration from ABAP to other data source

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!!!

I have a doubt about UME configuration, first I have installed CRM ABAP and CRM JAVA, both are connected and SSO is configured, UME for CRM Java is CRM Abap, I want to know if it is possible to change UME repository to LDAP, in Portal Ume Configuration only ABAP System appears, but  in config tool, there is an option to restore to default, I guess that I can choose data source abap parameter to change to data source database only clickin on restore to default.
Is it possible? Have you ever done something like this?
Or I have to reinstall my Portal system in orden to use another UME repository?

Regards

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

It is not possible.Please check OSS note: 718383

Regards.
Ruchit.

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I guess that I have to reinstall, but will config tool be an alternative?

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you have connected a java system to use UME as ABAP and then want to switch to LDAP you have to reinstall your java system.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

The only option is re-install. I know it sucks but that is way it is and there are reasons.

Anyways do a neat build not a system copy.. That won't resolve the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I am going to reinstalla my Portal System, i want to know if I am right:

First, I stop SAP and DB with comand stopsap and also listener

Then I execute sapinst for uninstal SAP, DB and Os users,

DO I need to uninstall database sofware? because then I going to install my portal system suing the same databse sofware

Am I right? I have read the guide but I don't want to make a mistake.

My server is AIX with Oracle 11g, and here there are other sap systems.

thsnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You are right.But I might make a few clarifications :

Then I execute sapinst for uninstal SAP, DB and Os users: You need to unistall SAP instances (SCS+CI) as well the DB instance. In other words SAP and DB file systems (datafiles,redo log files etc.) all file systems needs to be cleaned up during un-install.You may choose to retain OS users. I will do it anyways.Why waste time recreating them particularly if SID,DBSID andInstance number is gonna  be the same i.e no change in environment variables.

DO I need to uninstall database sofware? because then I going to install my portal system suing the same databse sofware: It is your choice. If you plan to retain it take aquick backup of Oracle Home and during uninstall make sure you are not removing the DB server software ( I guess that option probably is there but don't recall exactly). Anyways I would personally would clean up everything ands start from the scratch.Of course if there is MCOD involved then DB software needs to be retained !!In other words if same Oracle Home isshared by multiple systems. That needs to be done carefully as far as uinstallation is concerned.

Regards.

Ruchit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Hope you are doing good.

Do have a look at the below guide which will help you with the UME configuration:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23182

Thank you and have a nice day :).

How to Change the UME of a J2EE Engine and SAP Supported Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP doesnot support the ABAP -> to any other datasource.

but it is possible.

only restrication if u installed your portal with ABAP only during installation.

in that case there are number of users and groups were not created that make it impossible.

but if u installed portal with UME as datasource you can.

As SAP does not support so if it is PROD system dont do. but if it is sandbox or testing try it.

you can do without reinstallation.

unhook ABAp-> back to Portal UME->then hook  LDAP connection

regards,

Meenakshi