cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update JDK from 1.4 to 1.5 in PI 7.01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are facing a problem some time ago with the JMS Communication Channels when reconnecting with IBM Websphere MQ vers. 6.

After some research we decided to upgrade to IBM Websphere version 7. Unfortunately problems started when changing to the new drivers provided by IBM because do not work properly.

We opened a message to SAP and they finally told us that IBM's drivers were wrong (they were missing a ccsid alias in their drivers).

Then we contacted with IBM and opened a message with them. After some unsuccessful attempts trying to resolve this issued they just told us that we have to upgrade our JDK version from 1.4 to 1.5, since 1.4 its not supported anymore.

Now here comes my question. Is it possible to upgrade to the java version in SAP Netweaver PI 7.0.1? Were can I find documentation where SAP confirms it?

They only place I've found that this is possible is in this link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1858882 but I will like to be completely sure before performing this.

If possible, what are the considerations to take (As far as I know, I will also have to upgrade several adapter drivers which will not run in newer versions, like MS SQL server JDBC driver (see note 1615198 )

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Santiago Rodríguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you cannot change the Java version of PI 7.0. You would need to upgrade to PI 7.1 or higher.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.0 only works with JDK1.4

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think SAP recommended JVM for the PI version 7.0 is only jdk 1.4.  Only versions PI 7.1(64 bit) and above,you need to upgrade java versions 1.5+.  This is my few cents...