cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I´m reading the system copy guide and I´ve get a doubt about the methods avalaibles for to make a Homogeneous system Copy.

I want to copy and SCM 7.0 with livecache in a new machine with the Windows 2008 previos was 2003.

Only valid for: Windows |

System copy procedure on Windows using R3load

For more information, see System Copy Procedure [page 20].

End of: Windows |

R3load method with Export/Import Monitors

For more information, see R3load Procedures Using the Migration

Monitor [page 79].

Homogeneous system copy only: Oracle backup/restore

method

For more information, see Oracle-Specific Procedure [page

52] and SAP Note 676468.

I can select all the methods if I want to make and Homogeneous system Copy? Or I have to select only the Oracle backup/restore method?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve maked a new installation with the files in the correct folder of export, but in the ABAP IMPORTS I get error in SAPAPPL2_1 and SAPAPPL2_2

DbSl Trace: ORA-1452 occurred when executing SQL stmt (parse error offset=37)

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed
(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "CSMCLSMAP~0" ON "CSMCLSMAP" ( "ASC_CLASS", "L_CLASS_1", "L_CLASS_2" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3 STORAGE (INITIAL 144384 NEXT 0000000040K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS )
DbSlExecute: rc = 99
  (SQL error 1452)
  error message returned by DbSl:
ORA-01452: cannot CREATE UNIQUE INDEX; duplicate keys found

DbSl Trace: ORA-1452 occurred when executing SQL stmt (parse error offset=33)

(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "THOLT~0" ON "THOLT" ( "FTGID", "SPRAS" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3 STORAGE (INITIAL 65536 NEXT 0000000040K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS )
DbSlExecute: rc = 99
  (SQL error 1452)
ORA-01452: cannot CREATE UNIQUE INDEX; duplicate keys found
(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

This is the same that I´ve got previously to a second installation. What it´s the way to correct this?

I´m following the note 11369 - ORA-1452 during import after export from other system

And I´ve make the select:

select alldata.rowid, alldata.*

from SAPSR3.CSMCLSMAP alldata,

(SELECT ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1, L_CLASS_2, REFTYPE1, REFTYPE2, REF1, REF2, REFTYP1, REFTYP2, ASC_SCHEME, REFSCHEME,REFSCHEME2

FROM SAPSR3.CSMCLSMAP

GROUP BY ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1, L_CLASS_2, REFTYPE1, REFTYPE2, REF1, REF2, REFTYP1, REFTYP2, ASC_SCHEME, REFSCHEME,REFSCHEME2

HAVING COUNT(*) > 1) keydata

where alldata.ASC_CLASS=keydata.ASC_CLASS

and alldata.L_CLASS_1=keydata.L_CLASS_1

and alldata.L_CLASS_2=keydata.L_CLASS_2

and alldata.REFTYPE1=keydata.REFTYPE1

and alldata.REFTYPE2=keydata.REFTYPE2

and alldata.REF1=keydata.REF1

and alldata.REF2=keydata.REF2

and alldata.REFTYP1=keydata.REFTYP1

and alldata.REFTYP2=keydata.REFTYP2

and alldata.ASC_SCHEME=keydata.ASC_SCHEME

and alldata.REFSCHEME=keydata.REFSCHEME

and alldata.REFSCHEME2=keydata.REFSCHEME2;

I get this no rows selected. The select is correct? Now, I don´t know what to do. How can I delete the duplicates index?

In the error of log SAPAPPL2_2

I´ve put this select

from SAPSR3.THOLT alldata,

(SELECT FTGID, SPRAS, LTEXT, KTEXT

FROM SAPSR3.THOLT

GROUP BY FTGID, SPRAS, LTEXT, KTEXT

where alldata.FTGID=keydata.FTGID

and alldata.SPRAS=keydata.SPRAS

and alldata.LTEXT=keydata.LTEXT

and alldata.KTEXT=keydata.KTEXT;

And i get 183381 rows selected, but I don´t get the example of the note 11369 Table with duplicate keys is sapr3.dk with 2 key columns c1 and c2

More thanks.

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

When I say start the installation all over again I mean, uninstall what was installed so far and restart the installation from the very beginning using sapinst.

The SAP desinstallation is described in the installation or system copy guide.

You deinstall any SAP software, drop the database end restart the installation of your target system using SAPINST.

You can keep your database engine installed.

Regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I´ve restarted the installation from the beginning, but I´m get problems in the Abap Import Phase, I get the ORA-01452: cannot CREATE UNIQUE INDEX; duplicate keys found , and I´m following the note

11369 - ORA-1452 during import after export from other system

But i don´t get the duplicate index for detele.

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make sure :

You have uninstalled everything and dropped the database before restarting the target system installation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I´ve uninstalled the system dropped the database, and I delete the sapinst_instdir.

But I´m with this error during the import of the target system of the system copy...

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, the selects you' re using to find out duplicates are wrong .

They must reflect the key fields.

Here are the selects you should perform based on the indexes fields :

For the clause :

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "CSMCLSMAP~0" ON "CSMCLSMAP" ( "ASC_CLASS", "L_CLASS_1", "L_CLASS_2" )

Then the select should be :

from SAPSR3.CSMCLSMAP alldata,

(SELECT ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1, L_CLASS_2

FROM SAPSR3.CSMCLSMAP

GROUP BY ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1, L_CLASS_2

where alldata.ASC_CLASS=keydata.ASC_CLASS

and alldata.L_CLASS_1=keydata.L_CLASS_1

and alldata.L_CLASS_2=keydata.L_CLASS_2;

For the clause :

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "THOLT~0" ON "THOLT" ( "FTGID", "SPRAS" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3

Then the select should be :

from SAPSR3.THOLT alldata,

(SELECT FTGID, SPRAS

FROM SAPSR3.THOLT

GROUP BY FTGID, SPRAS

where alldata.FTGID=keydata.FTGID

and alldata.SPRAS=keydata.SPRAS;

They should return rows.

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

O.K so this may mean that the problem lays in the export dump.

The message about duplicate keys means  that you are trying to create an unique index on a table with key fields in which duplicates data exist.

The RDBMS then cannot create such an index because no duplicate data must exist in unique indexes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

With the first select I get the message 172 rows selected

and with the second 183231 rows selected. I don´t get the example message:

For example:

Table with duplicate keys is sapr3.dk with 2 key columns c1 and c2

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case,  the example would become :

For THOLT :

Table with duplicate keys is SAPSR3.THOLT with 2 key columns FTGID, and SPRAS.

For CSMCLSMAP  :

Table with duplicate keys is CSMCLSMAP with 3 key column ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1 and .L_CLASS_2 .

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then in the case of CSMCLSMAP

I´ve to delete the ASC_CLASS, L_CLASS_1 and L_CLASS_2

In the select:

DELETE

FROM SAPSR3.CSMCLSMAP

WHERE keyfeld_1  = ASC_CLASS

AND keyfeld_2  = L_CLASS_1

AND keyfeld_3  = L_CLASS_2

AND ROWID    <> <rowid of the record to be kept>; -->I don´t know what to put here.

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

The point now is to determine which rows are to be kept.

Your table contains several fields but the unique index is to be built only on a subset of these fields.

In the case of THOLT the table is made up of fields :

FTGID

SPRAS

LTEXT

KTEXT

The unique index is made up of only this subset of fields :

FTGID

SPRAS

You have to determine which rows are to be kept  in the table by considering all the fields of the table.

Then you keep these relevant entries by using the "rowid" in the delete clause you mentionned.

You should do the same with CSMCLSMAP.

Determine which rows are to be kept and delete the others.

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did A combined Upgrade+Unicode conversion from 6.20 tot 7.02 and we had exactly the same error during the import with exacltly the same amount of duplicate rows (172) in table CSMCLSMAP with the query. So I think there must be somewere a bug in the index or upgrade that added this duplicate rows. Is there someone who nows how we can prevent this problem before we start the CUUC?

Kind Regards,

Anton Rutten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I´ve resolved this error. It was that the users for livecache doesn´t have the correct policy passwords.

In the Abap Import, I´ve 3 failed imports in the log of one I can see this:

(CREATE TABLE "/ASU/CONTENT" ( "SCENARIO" VARCHAR2(60) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "VERSION" VARCHAR2(42) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "GUID" VARCHAR2(96) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "OBJ_TYPE" VARCHAR2(12) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "OBJ_NAME" VARCHAR2(120) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "OBJ_ID" VARCHAR2(60) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "EXEC_TYPE" VARCHAR2(3) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "EXEC_PHASE" VARCHAR2(3) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "EXEC_SEVERITY" VARCHAR2(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL , "EXEC_RUNTIME" VARCHAR2(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL , "EXEC_ORDER" VARCHAR2(9) DEFAULT '000' NOT NULL , "DESCR_FILENAME" VARCHAR2(765) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "DESCR_MIMETYPE" VARCHAR2(384) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "BDS_DOC_ID" VARCHAR2(126) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "NOTE" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT '0000000000' NOT NULL , "NOTE_SP_LEVEL" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "RELFROM" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "RELFROM_LEVEL" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "RELTO" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "RELTO_LEVEL" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "APPLICATION" VARCHAR2(72) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "COMPONENT" VARCHAR2(90) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "DEP_OBJ_TYPE" VARCHAR2(12) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "DEP_OBJ_NAME" VARCHAR2(120) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "CLIENT_DEP" VARCHAR2(18) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "EXEC_CLIENT" VARCHAR2(9) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "ADHOC_STEP" VARCHAR2(3) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "EXEC_ORDER_POS" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT '0000000000' NOT NULL , "CHECKCLASS" VARCHAR2(90) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "BFUNCTION" VARCHAR2(90) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "ADHOC_CHANGED_BY" VARCHAR2(36) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "ADHOC_CHANGED_AT" VARCHAR2(24) DEFAULT '00000000' NOT NULL  ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3  STORAGE (INITIAL 65536 NEXT 0000000160K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) )
DbSlExecute: rc = 102
  (SQL error 955)
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

E:\usr\sap\SCD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)
E:\usr\sap\SCD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20120613210619

How can change the name by this object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Did you have by any chanceany interruption when export was running causing its termination. Further what is the name of this log file. Also in which tablespace does this object exist in source system?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The generated dll on source system, where are they included in the target system? In the sapinst_instdir or in the export directory??

Thanks for yours patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

During the export migraction cd doesn´t have any interruption. Where have I put the dll generated in the target system?

In the beginning appears this:

CJS-30022  Program 'Migration Monitor' exits with error code 103. For details see log file(s) import_monitor.java.log, import_monitor.log.

ERROR: 2012-06-13 20:52:38 com.sap.inst.migmon.LoadTask run

Loading of 'SAPAPPL2_1' import package is interrupted with R3load error.

Process 'E:\usr\sap\SCD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -i SAPAPPL2_1.cmd -dbcodepage 4103 -l SAPAPPL2_1.log -stop_on_error' exited with return code 2.

For mode details see 'SAPAPPL2_1.log' file.

I believe that in the target is the tablespace PSAPSR3 in this momento cannot sure the tablespace in the Source system

(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "CSMCLSMAP~0" ON "CSMCLSMAP" ( "ASC_CLASS", "L_CLASS_1", "L_CLASS_2" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3 STORAGE (INITIAL 144384 NEXT 0000000040K , MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS )

Thanks Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the guide of systemCopy says this:

Before starting the export, the generated SQL files have to be copied from the specified directory

to the <instdir> directory of the export.

Then I´ve put the files of dll in

They have to be put in the export directory <EXPORT_DIR>/ABAP/DB/ORA, but this in the middle of the abap imports, and I´ve retry the installation and continues failing. What can i do?

I get this error message:

(CREATE TABLE "/ASU/CONTENTATTR" ( "SCENARIO" VARCHAR2(60) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "VERSION" VARCHAR2(42) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "GUID" VARCHAR2(96) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "ATTRIBUTE" VARCHAR2(384) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL , "TINDEX" VARCHAR2(18) DEFAULT '000000' NOT NULL , "VALUE" VARCHAR2(765) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL  ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3  STORAGE (INITIAL 65536 NEXT 0000010240K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) )
DbSlExecute: rc = 102
  (SQL error 955)
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

E:\usr\sap\SCD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)
E:\usr\sap\SCD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20120614094813

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

This does not sound really good.

The message you get means that your target database already has an object named /ASU/CONTENTATTR. This means this table already exists in your target database. Did you have any interruption during the load on the target DB ?

What you can do in order to dig the issue further is query your target database's dictionnary in order to make sure the object exists :

You connect to the DB and :

select TABLE_NAME from dba_tables where TABLE_NAME='/ASU/CONTENTATTR';

Then if the table exists, you have 2 solutions :

- You can try to drop it and then restart your load process. But this starts to be what I would call "DIY" ... and you may not know how this would end up. You may have other inconsistencies.

- Then what I do when I get in this situation is : start it all over again.

You drop your target database and restart the load from scratch.

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

When you refer to start ir all over again is restart all installation?

I´m in the middle of the installation in the phase Abap imports, how can I start again a new system copy with the same values(sid, dbsid...) I´ve to uninstall this "middle installation"?

More thanks

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You restart all your target system installation.

This is just my opinion : you may lose less time in restarting the target system installation from the beginning than trying to keep this going.

Do you know the root cause of this problem ? Was your target system's installation interrupted during the "load" phase ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I´m just making a new installation. My doubt was that I can uninstall a installation aborted o stopped in the middle action.

I think that I´ve forget to put in the export directory the dll generated. But I´m really sure...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve launched the installation but in the step 2 of create the users I get this error:

ERROR 2012-06-13 18:28:21.939
FSH-00000  Parameter sSID with value S-1-5-21-3192542574-1807197945-2731683791-1000 of function PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::createGroup(iastring sName, iastring sSID) const is invalid.

ERROR 2012-06-13 18:28:21.939
MUT-03025  Caught ESyException in module call: At line 225 file synxcaccmg.cpp
Call stack:
iaxxejsctl.cpp: 146: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()
d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 460: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()
iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()
iaxxbaccount.cpp: 85: CIaOsAccount::createGroup_impl()
synxcaccmg.cpp: 204: PSyGroupInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::createGroup(iastring sName, iastring sSID, ISyProgressObserver*) const

Parameter sSID with value S-1-5-21-3192542574-1807197945-2731683791-1000 of function PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::createGroup(iastring sName, iastring sSID) const is invalid.

ERROR 2012-06-13 18:28:21.970
FCO-00011  The step createAccounts with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|users|0|createAccounts was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Parameter sSID with value S-1-5-21-3192542574-1807197945-2731683791-1000 of function PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::createGroup(iastring sName, iastring sSID) const is invalid.).

What can i do?

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show us what is the choice you do in the sapinst GUI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

While selecting the installation type did you select local installation or domain installation ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand about the required media dvd.

I´m in the screen on I´ve put the Kernell DVD and Oracle Client. And I get this message about the Oracle client:

You entered: C:\51041940\OCL_WINDOWS_X86_64\OCL11264.SAR

Unable to find a LABEL.ASC.. ( look for label ORACLE:10.0G:CLRDBMS:*:WINDOWS_X86_64:*)

I´ve tried with the path C:\51041940\ and C:\51041940\OCL_WINDOWS_X86_64\ but the error is the same.

Which is the dvd necessary for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

Clearly the installation master is looking for Oracle client 10.2. it does support 11.2.0.3. Download DVD#  51033272 and use that instead.

After the import and post installation activities do the oracle client upgrade.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve a problem. I followed the steps and I make a system copy with R3load. The source system is 10g and in the target system I´ve installd Oracle 11g.

I´´ve made the export migration cd, and now I´m configuring the sapinst for to make the installation of target system but I´m find it with this:

The option of 11.2 not appear in the gap. What can I do???

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should get the latest version of SAPINST to performe the export / import.

Yours seems to be too old.

Regards,

Steve.

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should get the latest version of SAPINST to performe the export / import.

Yours seems to be too old.

Regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Steve, I´ve download a most recently sapinst with the DVD 51040127_11, and now I can see the two avalaible versions.

I´ve find that the gap to migration Key. If I change the version of OS (2003 to 2008) and DB (10g to 11g), What is considered? Homogeneous or Heterogeneous. I always believe that the same version software Oracle independent of the version 10g or 11g is homogeneous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

You are not using the correct installation master DVD. You need to use one that supports Oracle 11. I am using you SCM 7.0 runs on NW 701 so for that download either 51040127_10 or 51040127_11 depending on your platform.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

It is homegenous copy since OS and DB remian same. Version doesn't matter. Migration key if asked can be kept blank !!

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best and easy option is to use oracle backup/restore option. As you are going from Win2003 to win2008 check the database/SAP supported on 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As Sunil mentioned "oracle backup/restore" is the best and easiest option in this case. It will take the least time most likely.

And you don't have to follow all approaches. Just one of them.

However export/import method using R3load has an advantage.If you think your DB is heavily fragmented then here is an option to do automatic re-org while doing system copy !!

For LiveCache there is an elaborate backup/restore method that ought to be followed. Please check the OSS notes for that.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

as above masters suggested you can follow either backup/restore or export/import.

recently i have done system copy of SCM7.0 ehp1 from windows 2003 to windows 2008 and db is from 10g to 11g.

if you want upgrade db also then go with Export/import.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

You can refer to below notes for livecahe refresh:

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for yours answers,

I want to pass from 10g to 11g, but in the guide says that only can make the copy with the same release. It´s possible to make the backup from 10g and recovery in 11g?

More thanks

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

Using Export Import method its possible to export the 10g database to disk and then import into 11g database without the need to perform a database upgrade.

However, some people use Oracle's own tools which are far more efficient to perform export of database as flat file and subsequent import.

We have done export of Oracle 9i database on one host and import into a Oracle 10g database on a different host when we were migrating our boxes to new hardware.

So we performed system migration and oracle upgrade in one single step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddhesh,

Then If I want to make with the database specific tools I cannot backup and recovery from 10g to 11g,no?

If I want to make this without special operations I´ve to make with the database independent tools, with sapintst?

More thanks

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

You can't backup a 10 G databae and restore it to 11G mainlly because the Oracle dictionnary objects differ from one major release to another as the database engines also differ.

If you want to do something approaching, you'll have to export/import the DB content using whichever method ( R3load or Oracle export/import ).

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the method Oracle Export/import, in the guide not appears,no?

Then If I want the copy with 10g to 11g without any change is via  R3load method with Export/Import Monitors,not?

I can´t see the export/import Oracle method.

I cannot use the system copy method with sapinst System copy procedure on Windows using R3load?

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do a backup restore of an SCM ABAP server either using Oracle backup/restore method (Orabrcopy tool can be used)  or using SAPINST (which uses R3load method ) for export/import.

You can backup and restore the LiveCache database as well following the Maxdb backup/restore procedure.

Make sure the SCM ABAP database backup and Livecache database backup are taken at the same time.

You can also backup the livecache  data into the ABAP database following the SAP note Note 632357 - Backing up liveCache data for SCM 4.0 or higher

before backing up the SCM ABAP server database. Then you will have to install the Livecache on the target Windows 2008 server, initialize the livecache and follow the above note to import the data from the ABAP database into the livecache system. This would avoid a livecache database backup/restore separately.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I can use these two options if the source system has Oracle 10g and target system Oracle 11g? I can use the database specific tools backup/recovery without to make the upgrade of the database?

I´m very confuse between the guide and yours answers

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to move to oracle 11g on target , you will have to use R3load method  (running SAPINST) which is basically export/import of SAP data. You cannot use oracle backup/restore method in this case.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

The method using Oracle tools for export / import is not documented by SAP.

In the system copy guide you'll only find the method using R3load and the Oracle specific backup/restore method.

Based on these 2 documented method and on your database landscape ( source 10G / target 11G ) , you'll have to follow the R3load method to perform export / import.

The "pure" oracle method using expdp / impdp is not documented nor supported by SAP but can be used as far as you know how to use the oracle tools.

Oracle DBA often use it although it's not documented by SAP.

Best regards,

Steve.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed, the Oracle export/import method is generally done by Oracle DBAs and not included in SAP procedures.

Check the system copy guide, as everyone else is saying.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Why are confusing with datapump and exp/imp. SAP is clear we can use them in some cases (like re-orgs) and we have used these tools for even further purposes (like copies) but clearly if some screw up happens SAP won't support.

Let us only concentrate on what is documented.

@Sergio,

If you are not comfortable with export/import method (and you need to have a good understanding of it) then please avoid it. Instead use backup/restore (something I feel you are more comfortable with) and it takes lesser time. After this go for Oracle upgrade. While the source backup is running you may extract Oracle 11 software also in Oracle 11 file system to save some time (though very little) and be ready to execute DBUA and other steps once restore and post restore steps are completed (including a fresh backup of a newly created DB 🙂  )

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ll use the system copy with R3load.

If the version of the database change and the OS, I´ve to create the migration Key for to make the system copy with R3load via Migration Export CD?Only if It´s a Heterogeneous copy

One example:

Oracle10g --> Oracle 11g     This is Homogeneous

Windows 2003 --> Windows 2008  This is Homogeneous

Windows 2003--> Unix  This heterogeneous

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The installation of maxdb software for the livecache when I have to make it? During the import and installation of central instance?

I´ve installed the same MaxDB version and release, and recovery the backup, but after that I´ve an error to connect to the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sergio,

If you have livecache, DB & application server on different server (or host), you have to install livecache client on DB & other application servers. That should resolve your connect to database error.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I´m recovering the Livecache database. I´m following the note 457425 - Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

I´ve installed MaxDB software and the source and target have the same version, I´ve make the recovery of the database but

1. 2. Import the complete data backup. To do this, call the Database Manager GUI.
    1. a) Select the required database instance.
    2. b) Select Recovery -> Database. Never carry out a restart before the restore. If you carry out a restart before the restore, the error '-8003: log and data must be compatible' occurs after the restore.
    3. c) Select Restore Medium. Choose Next Step.
    4. d) Select the relevant medium. Choose Next Step.
    5. e) Select Start -->In this step I get this error

The password of source and target system of control user are different. In the target system It´s mandatory to put minimum one Upper leter .

What can I do?

More thanks