cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate different languages to different remote systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are working on SAP MDM 5.5 SP06, in Material Master Repository we have data maintained in 6 different languages. There are 3 remote systems maintained in our project and all the 3 are SAP ECC applications. SAP PI is used for integration. The data is posted through MATMAS IDOC.

Till now we are sydicating all 6 languages to all the three systems.

Requirement: Client wants to Syndicate only 3 languages to a particular application and all 6 to the other 2 applications. Client does not want us to restrict the data from PI.

Please suggest how this can be achieved from SAP MDM

Thanks and Regards,

Shahid Noolvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Since you are syndicating data to 3 different remote systems, you must be having 3 different ports and hence 3 different maps for each port. Now since your requirement is to send only 3 languages for one remote system, then you should open the map in Syndicator and unmap the unwanted languages from the map and save it. And no change would be required for other two maps as requirement has not changed.

If your scenario is like, in single main table, you have field called Language and then you have values maintained in corresponding language for other fields, then you need to set appropriate search filters so that only records with required 3 languages will be selected and other will not appear in search results.

You can write an expression for selecting only 3 languages. This has to be done for the map for the remote system where you need to send 3 languages only. I hope it helps. Kindly revert with your findings and let us know.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek, Vignesh and Ankush,

Thanks for your response,

I have mentioned in my query that the requirement is for MATMAS. The XSD for MATMAS does not allow you to map the Multi Lingual Field on Split by Language. The Mapping is done at a node i.e. Split by Value where we have only Language code and Description Mapping. Thus i don feel that the Syndication Map option will work here, it would work in case of CREMAS. Please have a check at your end and help me if my understanding is wrong.

I shall try the Assignment part post this Weekend and write back my findings.

Thanks Again have a nice weekend!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since Material Master Table(MARA) is language independent, only the description table(MAKT) will have language details associated with it.

So only option for you is through syndication maps, as suggest in the above posts.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Can you please let us know, how you are syndicating all 6 languages to SAP systems currently?

Like what is being done in MDM Syndicator/PI level etc so that requirement is more clear.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

If its to be done at MDM level then split by language does it easy but it requires multiple fields to be mapped instead of one repeating field as in split by value.

I think PI has to be involved to delete the unwanted language layer data using node functions.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

In MDM we split by Value and map it with the Segment at the Destination Item.

In the XSD for Material Master we do not have different language options as we have for Material Master.

Thanks,

Shahid

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response, I agree with you this can be handled through PI only

Thanks,

Shahid

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid ,

You can handle this via Syndication Maps.

In the syndication map for the first system where you want only 3 languages to be syndicated map only those three langusge fields .

for the other 2 maps no changes are needed as there are already syndicating 6 different language data .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The best way is to go via Syndication Maps,

As suggested in the above post, is one way.

Else, you have assignments run just before syndication for the 3languages and use those fields  in syndication map,

Regards,
Abhishek