cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Project creation for single sales order

0 Kudos

Dear SAP PS Experts,

I have a requirement, where i need to trigger Project automatically for individual line item present in sales order.

I dont have a concrete business requirement for the above as this is still under discussion.

I know we can create Project automically from sales order & in standard it is 1:1 as far as i know.

In case, if you have foreseen any of the above requirement, please share your solution option for the above.

Regards,

Karthik Bhaskaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what SAP Help says,

"It is not possible to generate two completely different projects from one sales document. You cannot enter two materials that lead to two different projects."

As is see it, its not possible to create multiple projects from a single sales document.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Gokul.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

If you create sales order with 2 line items than you can assign different Project/WBS to both.

if i am wrong please correct me.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Though it is possible but not a best practice to have multile project assignments to one single sales order.

The best practice is to have more line items and assign different WBS elements of same project structures in sales order. In that case you are maintaining revenues on each line and planned cost on each WBS element structures what I mean here is repeating the same structure as shown below,

.WBS - Aggregate

.WBS-01 - Product 1 ==== Sales Order line item 10 (SO#-001)

.WBS-02 - Product 2 ==== Sales Order line item 20 (SO#-001)

.WBS-03 - Product 3 ==== Sales Order line item 30 (SO#-001)

This kind of structure would fecilitate to avaluate costs and revenues in COPA very easily at Product level.

As Gokul already pointed out it is not possible to create different project for each line item of sales order.

Regards,

Sudhakar

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

This is possible but you can say this is not a SAP Best Practice.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

That is what I said in my post.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (0)