cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

1) I have 1000 finish product codes and 50 customers.

Inorder to do inspection before delivery do i maintain customer inforecord for all materials for all customers?

Which upload tool do i use?

2)What is the effect of delivery category in customer inforecord? Is it compulsary to fill this field?

Pls suggest

Thanks & regards

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

1. Maintain QM Control Data for SD (Tcode-QV51) for all relevant Customers with all materials which you're going to sell to that particular Customer.

Use BDC/LSMW to this upload.

2. Delivery Category is not required field... you can use this field in order to identify a special type of delivery with special Quality inspection. This would be required in an exceptional process.

Assigning this to an inspection lot origin, the delivery category controls the selection of the inspection type for inspection lots for deliveries.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

Thank you for your inputs.

Now i am clear.

Regards

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to maintain QM in SD records if you don't want to.  Just activate type 10 inspection and you will get inspection lots.  You can use QM in SD to control when inspections happen.  

Once you activate the type 10 for a material, ALL deliveries for that material will get an inspection lot.  If for instance you have four customers but only two require an inspection at delivery, you must still create 4 SD records.  Two set up with inspection before delivery, and two set up with inspection by customer.  That way you get no inspection lots for two of the customers.

FF