cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop particular TR in Prd - normal change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

In Normal change afte successful test , i am trying hold some TR importing in PRD using maintanance cycle.

please guide me to hold the particluar TR import in PRD cycle.

Rg,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am nt sure this is posible, becase as per the standard when the "Test succssful " action executed, it automatically moves the TR to the PRD queue.

But you can try not to test the particular Change document

or

can you try by any way of adjusting action profile, again no way you can define the TR name inside to control the action.

Please try, if I found anything later, I update you too.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I am not able to find any action and condition to restrict th TR move to PRD queue after Quality import.

Main intension of this question is, customer need approval level before move PRD in Normal change.

But in standard SMMJ, after successful test , original TR release and added to QAS queue.

After QAS import, automatically TR added in PRD queue. So after change to Go-Live Phase , TR importing PRD system.

but customer, need one level of approval before PRD , after QAS import and test.

Once Change manager approved to PRD, TR will add to buffer. if not waiting for approval after QAS import.

If u find any action and condition for my custimizing for TR hold , please update it.

Rg,

Karthik

Rg,

Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

if you're absolutely sure, you can delete a transport request in the importqueue of PRD-system manually.

But I don't recommend this way generally!

Let's assume that perhaps a customizing entry or a version of a special report don't fit the requirements.

In those cases I recommend to create a new transport request and "rebuild" the changes.

In my opinion it is very important and necessary to keep DEV, QA and PRD system consistent.

Best regards

Horst