cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Management System (STMS) TP Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing an issue with the Transport management system. Our domain controller is SOlution Manager 7.0 EHP1 in abc.int domain and we are adding new systems with trans domain as this solman. Due to some reasons the recently built new systems are in new xyz.com domain. We have installed the EHP6 DEV (xyz.com) system with transhost as solman (abc.int) and it worked fine but when we installed QA same like DEV system but after STMS configuration the transport tool check in STMS failing with the following error

"timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456#Time thRc=456#Time

out during connection setup (check that partner exists"

After this issue suddenly the DEV system is also stoped woking with transport tool. The issue seems to be the RFC ping issues but as checked, the RFCs are working fine in SM59. We could not upgrade the SPs due to this issue.

Some one please help in resolving the issue with these 2 different domain system in the single transport domain. Is there any additional settings needed to configure STMS?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

At first glance it looks like firewall issue. Please check with your network team if gateway ports are open.

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay you have stated RFC destinations are working.  So firewall shouldn't be the  cause here. Need to look elsewhere ! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

We have updated the DEV System config and restarted the system and DEV TP check is working fine now even though it is also in same domain of QA System. Every time I perform the TP check in QA System the dev_rfc file logs error/ connection issue with the DEV system. I am really confused now that why this QA system is trying to connect with DEV System becoz there is no specific relation between them. All the system are joined to SOLMAN trans domain. When I go to SMGW transaction under remote connection, it was showing connection to SOLMAN and DEV System. It is fine with SOLMAN but why with DEV and why not any other system in trans domain.

Following dev_rfc

Please give some clues for this and I am thinking there is something pointing to DEV instead of QAS. I have checked all the profiles but every thing is fine with QAS details.

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Have you published the recent updates of the TMS setup from Solution Manager (Domain Controller) to DEV.

It looks like your DEV system maybe having QA configured without the fully qualified hostname in TMS configuration.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Yes, I did distribute the configuration changes from SOLMAN (domain controller) to all systems. I have already set the icm/host_name_full parameter for FQDN as the post installation activity on both DEV and QA Systems and I have also tried chaging the host name of QA with FQDN in TMS communication data during TP check but no use (but DEV working without FQDN in STMS data, parameter already set anyway). Please suggest if any other possible reasons/ additional settings.

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

icm/host_name_full has nothing to do with TMS.

I am speaking about FQDN in STMS system setup on Solman, you can remove the system and re-include the system.

However, before approving the inclusion of QA System into the domain, setup the FQDN in the systems area of STMS.

And finally publish the TMS configuration to all systems forcefully.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deleted TMS in QA system and reconfigured and updated with FQDN under communication and transport Tool tabs but still same issue. Is it the same place you suggested to update FQDN?

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Yes, thats the place, can you please check if TP and R3trans of all these systems are at same level.

I can't think of anything else really. Lets see what others have to say.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

tp and R3trans doesn't have to be same.. It can be different. Otherwise CTS+ won't work. It hosts various hues of SAP systems.

I have a question here ??

Was QAS created as a system copy of DEV ?? And if yes was SE06 executed properly ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

The QAS System is a fresh installation same as DEV system. But every time I check TP, it logs dev_rfc with connection failure to DEV. No where I have mentioned DEV host name for QAS installation or post activities. The 2 systems are just part of Transport domain with DC as SOLMAN and these are the first 2 systems with different domain (xyz.com) in which DEV working fine.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you publish the TP profile here .Also please explain the procedue you followed to add QAS system to transport domain.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit & Siddhesh,

Thank you so much for the replies and help. The issue has been resolved with the latest kernel 201 for EHP6. Earlier I have calculated the queue with SOLMAN MOPZ, which gave me kernel level 120. Kernel level 120 was working fine for DEV but issue with QAS. So I have individually downloaded latest kernel patch 201 and upgraded. Now QAS is working perfect (seems issue was with tp program).

Thank you,

Ajay.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Having DEV and QA at different kernel levels isn't the norm. Check the versions of TP and R3trans in both system are they same? check in your kernel backup were they dissimilar ?

In any case, all is well that ends well, glad to hear that the problem is resolved and thanks for posting what solved the issue.

Regards,

Siddhesh