cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not possible at present because item is in quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When doing batch determination  in outbound delivery Iam getting the below error :

Changes not possible at present because item is in quality inspection.

Message no. VL128

Diagnosis

The required change cannot be carried out at the moment, since the

corresponding inspection lot
100000000032 000000

is in quality inspection.

The message of quality inspection is:
Inspection lot 100000000032 is
already being proce  ssed - changes cannot be made

Once i get this error the system is not leaving to do any other activity. only option is i need to exit the screen.

Even i checked in QA02 for the inspection lot but there iam getting a message that inspection lot is not created.

I searched in forums but iam not getting any solution , Please do help me with this issue . As it is very much critical for us.

The patch level we are in is SAP_APPL  -- 605.

Regards,

BSdeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please run transaction QA02 or QA03 and enter the insepction lot number 100000000032.

This is the lot number specified in the error message you posted.

In here you should see some system statuses with a blue I button at the end of the line.   Click on the blue I button.

Tell as the list of statuses that are on the inspection lot.

Also, on one of the tabs, you should find the delivery number listed.  What is that?

From this info, maybe we can help you.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the inspection lot is not getting created . If i go to QA02 and enter the above inspection lot no ,the system is giving msg as :

Inspection lot 100000000032 was not created yet

Message no. QA102

We have assigned inspection type 10 for the material in material master.

Regards,

BSdeep

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be very strange since it was referenced in the earlier message and probably should be reported to SAP.

In the meantime, I suggest  you cancel the delivery and create a new one. 

Typically that would cancel any exisitng type 10 inspection lot.  Then creating a new delivery should create a new inspection lot.

FF

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check whether the said material is activated for inspection lot in the material master.  If so, after creating delivery, try to save it without doing PGI so that the same will appear in QA32.

Still if you face this issue, check the following note:-

Note 770067 - Error message VL128 when creating a delivery

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

We have maintained inspection type in material master.In VL01N when i change the delivery qty field  that has been copied from sales order and in the picked qty i will enter the qty what i have entered in Delivery quantity field after this when i click on enter.We are getting this error.As you have suggested we tried to save the delivery but it is giving the same error msg.

The patch level we are in is SAP_APPL  -- 605

Regards,

BSdeep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether the note I suggested is of helpful to you.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried to apply the note but as we are in higher version the system is not allowing to apply the note.

This is a new implementation and we are in the testing phase .

Regards,

BSdeep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok in that case, if it is okay with you, I will move this thread to QA forum where you may get suitable suggestions.  Please let me know whether I can move.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure sir,we can move this thread to QA forum. Thank you for your Suggestions.

Regards,

BSdeep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from sales forum to QA forum as requested

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check whether the inspection lot is available in QA32 and if so please do forced inspection. is this issue coming while creating the delivery?

Please check and tell

regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you for replying.

I checked in QA32 the inspection lot is not available there , The issue is coming while i try to create delivery.

Regards,

BSdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivdeep

Please check the following links

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2077435

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1767696

please check these and revert

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivdeep,

The insp lot must be in QA32. Just check whether you are giving the right selection options in QA32.

In the List settings try giving ..select all insp lots. You can also try QE51N.

Regards,
Sanila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I have already reffered this threads,

In the first thread they have mentioned to refer few notes ,but this notes are not applicable as we are running on ECC EHP5.

One more thing is only for the materials for which we have enabled quality inspecation we are getting this error.

I tested one material without quality . For that material i was able to create Delivery and PGI.

As per the second thread we are not mantaining QV53.

Regards,

BSdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanila,

I have selected all inspection lots and checked but not able to locate inspection lots.

Regards,

BSdeep