cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration portfolio Management in PLM WEBUI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured PPM part in PLM WEBUI 7.0 according to SAP Note 1411953 - PPM 5.0: Configuration Content, But I getting the error as "No default portfolio assigned; use 'Switch Portfolio' to select one" when i click on the switch portfolio in any of the tabs for Portfolio, it shows error as "No portfolio exists". Kindly suggest what configurations steps i may have missed.

Regards,

Pragalathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pragalathan,

I had the same problem and the solution I applied was to assign suitable role to my user in order to reveal correct button: "change portfolio". With this you can select existing portfolio and assign it as standard. If there are no portfolios created in the system, please check /RPM/MIGRATION_CATEGORIES report to transfer existing portfolio item category to a dummy portfolio and assign it as standard temporarily.

cheers.

hector

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the initial set up of PPM, you have to create a portfolio.

Portfolio can be created from Portfolio and Project Administration.

If you are not able to view this work set with your login ID then ask basis to assign you with appropriate roles.

Best Regards,

Priyatham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All appropriate roles are assigned.But still error is there. kindly mention the roles to be assigned. i will check again.

Regards,

Pragalathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem. Could anyone throw some more light upon it?

thank you!

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need go to Portfolio and Project management and create a portfolio. Then when you go to Protfolio Management you have to select this one.

It is also possible create the portfolio using a transaction : RPM_DX_PORTFOLIO ( but I think it is more complicated)

regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

thanks for your response. I tried report RPM_DX_PORTFOLIO and it doesnt seem useful to me as it requires a file to be uploaded to create portfolio.

My problem is that I cannot access navigation option where to create portfolio. Neither I can assign dummy standard portfolio so I get a dump everytime I access portfolio menu. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to post some screenshot of what you see on Portfolio and Project administration screen. I hope you have already assigned role SAP_BPR_PPM & SAP_XRPM_ADMINISTRATOR.

Also give screenshot of dump you are getting at the time of accessing create portfolio option.

You should really reply to the help others posted saying whether it helped / not helped, so that others will not reply with same version of help. I am sure this will help you to troubleshoot issue.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create Portfolio first.

Pramod

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if you have relevant authorisatiion fior the portfolios created.

Cheers

Amit