cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use available capacity fully in the bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Without mixed bin and with addition to existing option am expecting system to create transfer order with two line items, first line item for the availabe capacity of the bin and balance quantity into next empty bin.

Is it possible to fully use available capacity of the bin with any strategy, capacity indicators or any controls in standard WM. Please let me know for possibility.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Without mixed bin and with addition to existing option am expecting system to create transfer order with two line items, first line item for the availabe capacity of the bin and balance quantity into next empty bin."

No, that is not what the system does. Depending on the strategy the system searches for a bin. Full stop. If you strategy says "next empty bin", it searches for the next empty bin. If the strategy is "addition to stock", the system tries to find a quant with the same quant indicators, but it never makes a makes storage by itself (also if mixed storage is allowed).

The system is trying to find the best place, not to use a litle bins as possible.

"Is it possible to fully use available capacity of the bin with any strategy, capacity indicators or any controls in standard WM. Please let me know for possibility."

No, not really, because that is not really what a WM is supposed to do.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to what mentioned by , you can not fully use available capacity in most of the cases and system will not split TO into 2 line items as per capacity available. But using "I" add to existing stock, you can fulfill full capacity use requirement.

Suppose you have 3 bins in storage type having strategy "I" and capacity is "20".

1) first TO for quantity 4..system will take 1st bin

2) second TO for quantity 20, system will not pick 1st bin at all while it will put whole quantity in second bin.

3) 3rd TO for quantity 5...in this case system will pick bin-1 as it has some remaining capacity

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are abosuletly right kamalakar, but logical it is not acceptable. System should not take next bin for entire quantity instead of filling existing bin with remaining capacity. I need to look way around with user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is how standard SAP behave, if you want to have your own logic you can surely use user exit or even you can design your own search strategy.

BR

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi......

yes it can be done with 'I" i.e. add to existing stock....

bt constraint are  :

Batch, material should be same...if u activated the HUM and SUM then this scenario wont work..

If u have only SUM activated then...inside one Storage units all the quantity will be accomodate..

SO,,for add to exisxting..material, batch and SU should be same..

And u can check capacity check on weight, SUT or volume also..

Try this out.

Thanks    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have tried with "I" strategy with all capacity checkings but still system trying to put entire quantity into next empty bin even though existing bin has some available capacity. We are not using HUM, SUM and Batch concept. Could you guide me in detail?

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

How are u defining ur capacity check..

and wat abt mixed storage and add to existing stock field in storage type control...

check the mixed storage field and allow the mixed storage...

Try this out..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which capacity check method you are using?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I tried with almost all capacity checks, am not using mixed storage. One bin can hold only one pallet (SU). Here my requirement is...

High rack with "I" put away strategy

with addition to existing stock, without mixed bin

capacity check any thing

Master data maintained for pallets and bin capacity and capacities

Existing Bin has same material with 300 qty from total capacity of 500 qty

When i try to do put away for 300 qty, system is trying to put entire quantity into empty bin eventhough my existing bin available capacity of 200 qty.

Could you guide me how could we achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am trying with all capacity checks. Please see my original post for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think as you mentioned, SU management is activated in your warehouse (storage type) and as already bin is having one pallet with 300 pcs, when you are creating new TO system is creating new SU number and it will not suggest old bin with 300 pcs, for this you have to use "add to SU" functionality during TO creation and give the SU no where you want to add 200 pcs. Rest 100pcs will be putaway in next bin.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Kamal, SUM is not activated. I have maintained LE quantity in the material master with addition to existing stock option. Lets see full scenario once...

Highrack storage with "F" strategy

Mixed bin not allowed

Addition to existing stock allowed

Capacity Indicator "3"

No SUM and HUM

Master data....

LE quantity is 500 qty

Maintained Fixed bin with Max capacity 500 qty

Existing inventory in the bin is 300 qty. When i try to create TO for 300 qty, system is suggesting entire quantity into next empty bin from different storage type (as per search strategy). But am expecting system to split the 300 qty, first 200 qty into fixed bin and balance 100 qty into empty bin. This i can achieve by doing manual split in the TO creation screen. Please advise, whether system splits the line item in the TO based on any control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please try with activating "allow addition to stock" check box in Material master-warehouse management view. Also check whether you have checked "active capacity check" checkbox.

BR

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

with F strategy you are defining that LE qty is 500..

u are following Fixed bin..and system is suggesting u next empty bin..

can this be possible..?

i think system should throw an error...if the LE qty cant be accommodated into bins..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both allow addition and active capacity check are already maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible because my fixed bin holds material on pallet. If you define storage type indicators as first fixed bin storage type and next other storage type, system would suggest to next storage type if fixed bin doesn't have available capacity.