cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI adapter in proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through previous threads but none of the thread were talked to the point. Could you please clarify my below doubt without any links.

1. Proxies in R/3 system work only if it is above of WebAs 6.40. And in case of proxies communication wtih XI is directly between Intergration engines (in XML format). As both the Integration Engines can understand XML messages then what is the need of XI adapter between sender and XI ??

2. Whether XI adapter is used for both client proxy and server proxy ??

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Engines can understand XML messages then what is the need of XI adapter

between sender and XI ??

Integration engine in Application system is responsible for framing the XML msg that XI server can understand. In case of sender you can skip the communication channel config. But in receiver, XI must send the msg to ? This is configured in XI adapter communication channel.

Hope it is clear

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

Thanks for your answer !! Now my concept is pretty clear. But, I have one more silly doubt !! You mean in case of client proxy there is no need of communication channel and there by XI adapter. And in case of Sever proxy ......even though the communication between the XI and receiver is through XML we need communication channel and there by XI adapter. Bascially we need XI adapter in case of server proxy because we need communication channel to set the technical settings of the receiving system. And there (i.e in communication channel) in adapter place we will select XI apapter as to just to transfer the XML messages from XI to receiver.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks again

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are correct. In case of sender there is no need for a communication channel. In case of receiver, you specify the target R/3 details in the XI adapter communication channel.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

client proxy is nothing but a appl/program which is generating/submitting a request to the target...hence in this case we will not require xi adapter. but in the other case server proxies responds to the request. it might potentially mean processing the message or even send a response of the processed message. so in this case to identify the system where the server proxies is located we need a xi adapter wherein we specify the login credentials. in client proxy it is not required as it is addressed interms of rfc connectivity

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

According to your suggestion, No Communication channel would be required in case of a Client Proxy ( Sender ).

But my question is that does the Integration Directory allow such a configuration where you cannot specify a Communication channel for a sender agreement?

I suppose these parameters are mandatory?

Can you please let me know if there is any other way out.

Thanks,

Abhishek

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

Keep us posted for queries on this thread. if answered find time in having this thread closed and assign points for the helpful replies including for ur prev post. this will help and cherish the sdn memebers to help you more