cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to SOAP and RFC

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have SOAP to SOAP and RFC synchronous interface in PI 7.31 AEX.

I have one sender system using SOAP protocol to two receiver systems, receiver system 1 SOAP protocol and receiver system 2 RFC both receiver systems using synchronous interface. If I try this way, I get error message - could not split messages. If I change it to asynchronous method, do I need to create two separate mappings and configurations? I am using PI 7.31 EHP1 AEX so there is only option of ICO in Integration Directory.

Please let me know If anyone has tried this scenario and it worked.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You expect response from both the receiver systems as the behavior is synchronous. This cannot be achieved without BPM.  Greg as already pointed that. Since you use ICO configuration,  IMO,  you might want to create the two different sync scenario which is better than going for two async.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

What you observed is normal - sync scenario cannot have two receivers (message cannot be split). It can only be achieved with BPM, but this is not applicable for your PI 7.31 single stack system. So you have two options:

1. Create two totally separate sync scenarios.

2. Create one async scenario with two receivers, as you mentioned.

>>> If I change it to asynchronous method, do I need to create two separate mappings and configurations?

The number of mappings depend on the number of receiver structures. If both receivers use the same structure, one mapping is enough (can be reused in both flows). If not, you have to develop two separate ones.

Hope this clarifies things,

Greg

0 Kudos

Hello Greg/Baskar,

I tried doing two separate sync scenarios but since the source structure is SOAP/synch, I get error - cannot split message since target structures are different. Can you explain how I can use the same source structure and use it for two separate synch scenarios?

1. Create Outbound Service Interface - referencing external message?

2. Create two separate Inbound Service Interfaces - referencing external message and RFC message?

3. Create two separate message mappings - source structure to target structures?

4. Create two separate Operation mappings - using same Outbound Service Interface and two separate Inbound Service Interfaces?

In Integration Directory:

Create two separate ICO or create one ICO and give same sender and two receivers?

Thanks,

John

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Actually, you would need two separate Outbound Service Interfaces, and the sender system would have to call them both separately. Even having two separate mappings, the sync message will not be split. Everything else is correct (two separate sets of ESR objects, and two separate ICO objects).

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos

There is only one inbound interface but needs to go to two separate receivers. We can change it to all interfaces to asynchronous, how can we achieve this without BPM?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

If you can afford it to give up sync communication and switch to async, there is nothing left to do. Your async message will be split successfully, which was not possible in sync mode. Thanks to this, with just a single sender, you will reach both receivers with no additional changes.

Regards,

Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you make the interface asynchronous and you don't need to expect response from RFC and SOAP receiver systems, then sure you don't need to use ccbpm. You can define conditions in the receiver determination portion of Integrated configuration object to send the message to both SOAP and RFC target systems.  This is one possible approach.