Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI to add vendor text

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

We have received a requirement to add vendor text based on check with values in z table .The vendor text will be added from the z table based on the check.Can somebody suggest the suitable BADI for this.I had checked doc change BADI however the vendor text will be updated only if the change is triggered i.e only when the line item details is clicked and not directly when order is placed without looking into the details. Kindly suggest on which BADI needs to be checked.

Nevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pl try BBP_ITEMS_COMPLETE_BADI ?

With Regards,

Malay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks this was helpful. However i am not sure that in this BADI we will get the data such as business partner number  , company code and account assignment so that we can do the necessary changes.I am not sure as i had checked the BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nevin,

As mentioned http://scn.sap.com/thread/3222523 use the same code to get the information that you need .

Regards,

Naveen

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for late response.We have to create a Z table in SRM which will contain company code,account assignment category, business partner and text.Based on the values selected while creating the cart if it has the combination of company code,account assignment and business partner the corresponding text is picked from the z table and appended to the text in the vendor text which flows to requisition. Can you suggest the BADI which we can use so that we can get this combination and also how do we pre fix the value to the vendor text.Appreciate your quick response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nevin,

You could use BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI for your requirement. When Saving the PO document you can validate the condition such as Business partner and company code and accordingly update the vendor text from your Z table. Here is brief info about DOC Save BADI;

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Short Text

Carry out Activity During Saving

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_DOC_SAVE to update own data and tables in the same Logical Unit of Work when saving a document to the database. This facility is especially intended for update of customer-specific statistics.

In the method BBP_DOC_SAVE, the document GUID is available as parameter IV_DOC_GUID. You use this to access the document data. The FLT_VAL parameter is a filter value that you use to assign implementation of a certain document type.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nevin

Just for clarity... Are you referring to the PO document creaton?

And you want to add Vendor text - pick form your Z-table and store in PO...

Regards,

Venkat

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.The requirement is that a z table is created which has business partner, company code and text. Based on the conditions in which the cart is created such as business partner and company code the text in the z table would update the vendor text which would flow to the ECC PO.i have checked the create_req badi.Let me know incase any other BADI

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should refer following links regarding transfer of vendor text:

I hope it helps.

Regards,