cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have material A & material B as parts to be inspected .

i have MIC for this material as DIAMETER & THICKNESS applicable to both material A & B but with different values .

Now, I can create inspection plan as follows :

1) way :

A) create inspection plan without material Like common inspection plan ( MIC as incomplete copy model )  .

B) Then Assign this as inspection plan --> material assignment .

c) then again go into the change mode and add MIC upper & lower value differently & use it .

2) way :

create separate inspection plan with A & B with both MIC & different values .

Q 1 ) which way is suggested ?

Q 2) If my MIC in material A & material B are having different Control indicator ( required , optional etc )for material A & material B ,  which way it is suggested to create the Inspection Plan ?.

Q 3) If i use it by 2 Way what is the harm except i have separate inspection plan for every material as master in system ?

Pl guide .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its very much depends upon the requirement.

Actually when you have only two materials then best way is to control them with different inspection plan.its easy to maintain.

There is no harm to have different inspection plans in fact easy to maintain.

This is again my way to look at it.There is also another  way by using dependent char specs which can also be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sujit ,

Thanks for the reply .

I have around 15000 material masters .

my understanding is that if i use the separate inspection plan every material .

its easy to maintain , same char for different plan can have separate control indicators etc .

where as in common inspection plan i may have less inspection plan masters but i have to :

A) first make the material assignment

B) then again i have to go in change mode with  material in Qp02 and then again have to maintain the plan specific to one material .

What are the advantages & disadvantages for way 1 & way 2 ? (mentioned here in my Question 😞

Way  1 : maintain common inspection Plan and assign to materials .

Way 2 : maintain separate Inspection plan for every material.

Pl guide .

Former Member
0 Kudos

My way to look at it is:

1.Say you have multiple materials and you can sort out these materials as per there char( commom upper limit and lower limit) ,then your option of common inspection plan is better.

This will reduce the master records.This is very difficult to maintain & change,

2.But if you do not have the common material which exibits similer char & specification ,then its always better to have independent inspection plan material wise.

Eventhough ,number of records more ,its very easy to maintain & change.

I hope this will add some value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sujit.

Answers (0)