cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature Multiple Approvers Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented digital signature in SolMan 7.1 for documentation approval.

Scenario:

Each document must be approved by team leads of all functional areas (FI, MM, and CRM) and then global lead (Final approver) approves the document. When Global Lead approves the document it completes the digital signature procedure and release the document.

For Example:

1) When a document is ready for an approval,document status would be 'Ready for Review'

2) when any of the functional lead, let say FI lead, signs the document, status would be 'Approval In Process'

3) When MM lead signs the document, status would be 'Approval In Process'

4) Same way when CRM lead approves the document, the status would be 'Approval in Process'

5) When Final approver signs the document, the status would be 'Document Approved by All' and then document will be released and complete the Digital Signature Procedure.

Setup  in SPRO:

Authorization group created: FI_GRP, MM_GRP, SD_GRP, CRM_GRP

Signature Assigned to each group

Digital Signature Strategy :  Digi_Strat

Created a strategy and not defined any Signature Sequence since signature sequence not required when Team lead signs the document

For Release option, selected only Global Lead option so when Global Lead signs the document it will be released

Document Status Schema:

Status                    Sequence #    Highest Seq #               End Status of Sign         Cancellation Stat

In Process                10                    20                        

Ready for Review       20                    30

CRM Approved          40                    80                          Approval In Process               In Process    

FI Approved               50                   80                          Approval In Process               In Process

MM Approved            60                    80                         Approval In Process               In Process

Global Approved         70                   80                          Document Approved by All     In Process    

Problem 1:

When CRM or FI or MM teal lead approves the document, the status after approval should be 'Approval In Process' but it shows the status 'CRM Approved' or FI Approved or MM Approved

Problem 2:

When CRM team lead approves the document, after digital signature the status of the document is 'CRM Approved' and after that if FI Team Lead approves the same document then status remains same as 'CRM Approved'. I am expecting 'Approval In Process' or even if it sets as 'FI approved' the it should work for me.

When Global Team lead sings the document the status becomes Document Approved by All...and this is working as expectation.

Please let me know what is wrong in the setup or how can I get 'Approval In Process' status after each team lead signature?

Is it related to Auth issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to see the another entry as initial status, sequence number  in my system? if it is in your case what you maintained those places?

As above said, make sure the backend working of these status, and sequence.

Have you controlled anthing by auth objects? please check and update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

I'm not sure yet, also neither had time to try reproducing this scenario but I believe the " Approval In Process" status is not being set because you don't have it set on the status column. Set it on the status column and use it's sequence value in a way it'll not appear, like for example:

Approval In Process has sequence 90

and the other status have the highest sequence number at 80. This way it'll never appear when you're in a different status. And set it's lowest sequence number to 70, so it can only go to "global approved".

It is just a hypothetical scenario, but it should work.

kind regards, Fabricius