cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopping the confirming of sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

can anybody please throw some ideas in this scenario. we have a PFM (HAWA material type). now we buy this material from vendor. and there is a restriction at the vendor, as this vendor cannot produce more than a certain quantity in a given month. The CSR  team does not take this acccount and they just put in orders as they come, so looking for a way wherein when the CSR team before ssaving the sales order should know that they cannot put in any more as  there is a restriction. so how can we achieve this.

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha ,

I am not sure whether you can acheive of stopping the sales order using standard SAP. As a workaround, do the following.

In the availablity check settings, tick the "Check without RLT". So when the sales order is created and if no stock is available, system will not confirm any quantity.

Then when the Preq is created, convert to PO and in the PO, mention the delivery schedules of the vendor.

Then if you run availabilty check in the sales order, system will propose the delivery dates based on the vendor delivery schedules.

Regards

Vinu

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm actually an ABAPer but just to throw in some ideas - as T W suggested, perhaps there could be vendor stock located in some kind of a special location. ATP check would use that stock and would confirm (or not) the orders accordingly. Although this would not going to "stop" the order from being saved, I believe. Also I'm not sure ATP will actually work exactly in monthly "buckets", as required.

I know there is some functionality to "reserve" stock for sertain customers. Maybe it could be somehow utilized here? This really seems like a monthly stock "quota" situation.

But for such very specific requirements (monthly limit and a hard error when it's reached), I don't really see a standard functionality available. It's not a difficult enhancement to make in a user exit though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jelena, if that is the case then can any of the above user exits which one oof the members suggested could be the place where we could put this logic to look at the quota arrangement and then not save the order if hte ordered qty is more thant the quota restriction

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP would be the right place to add a validation on the line item level. In the worst case if it does not work for some reason, USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE (or something like that) in the same include is a safe bet.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anusha,

I too think that the userexits pointed out by Jelena might be better (than my earlier suggestion).

Jelena,

if it does not work for some reason,

1. What could be possible reasons for it to not work?

2. What would be the difference in the working of the program if the code is written in

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP as opposed to if it is written in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE ?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW and jelena,continuing our further discussion on this, i did check with our business person and they say that the vendor can only produce 1000 a week, and on top of that there is a lead time of 75 days. so somehow before the sales order is saved, these things need to be considered and also a change from the business is that they are ok that the sales order is saved, but only the thing is that MRP takes into account the capacity limitation and the delviery time into account and proposes a new date on when it can get it delivered. in short they are ok if the sales order gets saved as long as the new date that the MRP proposes as the stick being available takes into account the cpacity limitation and lead time. That made me think around availability check but when i looked at the checking groups, there is no where a provision or even close to that to look aat vendors capacity, we have safety stock, unrestricted stokc and all other things but not this one.

thanks

anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AV,

You might want to consider having your planning department create multiple requisitions for anticipated future receipts.  (One line for each month in your situation) You then have the option of including the requisitions in the available to sell check. In combination with entering the requisitions, you can turn off any lead time settings.  In this manner your sales confirmation will be based on a future “production plan” that your vendor has the capability of actually producing.  You will need to watch the release date in the requisitions and be sure they are released and converted to purchase orders or rejected by that date to insure that you are not selling to a plan that won’t be actualized. If you want to get more complex you can use the fixed flag on the requisition with a user exit to include or exclude requisitions from the ATS check.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

since we spoke the last time, here has been a slight change in the reuqirement. Now the business does not want to stop the sales order from saving. But they want the restriction to be taken into account.

For example, the lead time on the material is 10 weeks. So starting from week 10, the vendor can supply 5000EA per week., so when the sales order is being entered today we want SAP to cosnider this and promise accoridngly.

In other wordss if sales order is being entered today for a date in week 10 from today, the sales order cannot be more than 5000EA in week 10. If the customer is asking for 6000EA, then SAP should say 5000 in week 10 and 1000EA in week 11 etc etc.

Thanks

Anusha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through standard settings, this is not possible since you want to validate MM data from SD side.

Try with any of the following sale order exits

1. USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ
  2. USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in program MV45AFZB

where you can validate any of the following Tables related to vendor data.

• MKOL       Special Stocks from Vendor
  • MSCA       Sales Orders on Hand with Vendor
  • MSCAH     History of Sales Order Stock at Vendor
  • MSFD       Sales Order Stock with Vendor
  • MSFS       Tota Sales Order Stock with Vendor

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the vendor inventory data maintained in the company's SAP system? If yes, where? How (from a business perspective e.g. does vendor convey the inventory data every day to the company. An admin staff then enters that data in the SAP system?)

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently there is no place in the system where it is maintained what a vendor can or cannot supply quantity in a given time. I was hoping that the max release quantity in the quota arrangement would help to some extent, but it is not. They purchasing team finds out from the vendor about the vendors capacity limitation through phone call or email. Becuase of this only we woiuld lilke to explore and see if there is a place in SAP somewhere where the avialbility check before saving can look at and say, ohh for this period my vendors capacity has been reached and i should not save the sales order with a date in this month and then i should go to next month.

ex scenario: june 13th - date of creation of sales order. the customer is asking a request delviery date of july 31st for 1000EA and lets say somewhere we define that for the month of july the qty is 1000EA max the vendor can produce, then the sales order should be good to save. then when again a new sales order comes for any date in july it should not allow the second sales order. I know that MRP and avialability check is alywas date and qty driven, but i'm throwing htis out so we can brainstorm ideas and resolve this. the only reason behind this requirement is that the CSR's do not understand the supply implications and they just put the sales orders as they come in.

thanks

anusha

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vendor stock can be maintained as "stock" in your SAP system. Then with functionality of availability check the confirmed quantity in a sales order can be determined.

With enhancement ( I don't know if there is standard configuration), system shall not save if confirmed quantity is not equal to ordered quantity.

Probably for the enhancement - program FV45VFZZ and userexit USEREXIT_ADD_FIELD_TO_HEADER could be used.

But please explore solutions in standard Availability check functionality before going ahead with the enhancement.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As vendor is a different organization, thus vendor inventory details are not maintained in your company's SAP system. The business process way would be to call the vendor and inquire about the availability of material, thereafter - subject to availability of material - create or donot create a sales order in SAP system.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that the vendor can deliver 100 quantities at a time and the lead time (maintained in MMR) is 4 days....when you place an order for 10000 quantities, the order item will still determine the same confirm delivery date in schedule lines for  the entire 10000 quantity. The system makes a simple availability calculation adding different lead times without considering the quantities that can be received with that lead time. In this example, we cannot get more than 100 quantity each time and it takes many days to fulfill the order of 10000 quantities.

While creating the sales order, throwing a message based on availability (considering above logic of supply time also) needs enhancement. If you explain the requirement (how the functionality should be) in detail, members can suggest you a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anusha

You can achieve this requirement with the help of Availability check. Please check the forum if have have any doubts on the Availability Check settings. Whenever there is no stock, the system will show the availability check screen which shows the confirm quantity is zero.

Please revert back if you have any doubt.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried the avaialvbility check, can you please telll me wwhich setttings in the avaial check should be turned on so that sales order only looks at requsitions, PO's created and only ASN's coming from the vendor. it will be even more great if it can just look at the max release qty from quota arrangmeent and then propose the qty on the sales order