cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.01 - Role for PO Approver without PO Change Access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In SRM 7.01, is it possible to separate PO approval access from PO Change access?

It seems that a user can only approve a PO if they have PO change access, however, we do not want a PO approver to be able to change a PO – we only want a PO approver to be able to approve a PO. 

Any thoughts?

Cheers, 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

Please check the process level configuration , where the process level in the process schema for the corresponding responsible resolver should be assigned level type as "Approved".

If its approved, then the approver can only either reject/approve the document with out changing.

Regards

Kannaiah kavuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kannaiah.

I took a look at my workflow and it is already set to level type = "approval".  Currently, the approver cannot approve (as I removed PO change security authorization).  Only, after I add the PO change security authorization, is the approver able to approve the PO, however, they are then able to change a PO which is what we do not want.  Is there another security role or configuration that I can use such that the approver can only approve, and not change the PO?

Thanks,

AD

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AD,

if what you describe is correct, then this is a SAP bug.

As Venkata wrote it, for process level type "Approval" from a process schema definition, approver is not able to change purchasing document, except adding notes and attachments (and rejection notes for Iinvoice and confirmation)

Check you metadata customizing for PO: perhaps, dynamic customer class and methods are populated: this could explain why PO is changeable by approvers for an approval process level.

Have a look at OSS note 1277921 - Allow-Disallow to edit fields for approver-reviewer

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the note

Once I add authorization object BBP_PD_PO Activity 02 to the user role, the user is able to approve / reject the PO.  In this screen, they are NOT able to edit the PO (there is NO EDIT buttton - which is what I want), which also matches what you and Venkata describe above. 

However, since they have this authorization object, there is nothing stopping the user from searching for a PO (in a report or a listing) or going to the "related documents" tab of a shopping cart, clicking on the PO, and changing the PO (as the EDIT button is visisble to them in this screen).

It is actually similar to another post I found on SDN - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1951139

Also, I looked at that OSS note 1277921 and it is not relevant to my release.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

AD

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AD,

Jay Yang gave you the answer: manage you own dynamic control class/method for button action "EDIT".

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yea it seems I will have to build something custom

Answers (0)