Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in frontend printing

sap_sharad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my end-user printer is replaced with a new printer. On new printer, Frontend printing using LOCAL output device is not working which used to work fine with old printer. The status of spool request and output request is completed with printer status possibly printed. Any suggestion, what could be the issue?

Regards,

Sharad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Please go through below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3163424

Hope its useful to you.

Regards,

Rajesh

sap_sharad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your input!!! In my case, output request status is completed. If I see more details, it gives printout status as not printed or if I change output device to LOCALNEW (which uses access type G) it gives printout status as possibly printed or LOCALNEWHP which uses access type G) it gives printout status as possibly printed and gives prinout only by changing format and the printout comes in wrong layout.

Regards,

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Is your spool request output and output request output same ?  You can check it in SP01 tcode.

If both are same, then check layout properties of your new printer once.

If both are not same, then check your device configuration in SPAD tcode once.

Hope its solves your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

sap_sharad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

The issue is resolved as it was printer driver issue. Once the updated driver from HP site is installed, the printer starts working perfectly.

Regards,

Sharad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9b/83e187e37c11d18e2b0000e83dd9fc/content.htm

Did you change the name of the printer in SPAD?

Thanks,

Shambu

sap_sharad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shambu,

Thanks for your input!!! I believe the link mentioned by you is valid when SAP spool server is on Windows but my SAP Spool Server is on HP-UX.

Regards,

Sharad