cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP E-Sourcing LDAP using SSL configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am setting up E-sourcing 7.0 to use LDAP over SSL for external user accounts.  I have not had any success getting this to function correctly.  If I use regular LDAP 389 it works. 

I keep getting this error when trying to create a user over SSL:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: ctcdc1.CTCSAP.LOCAL:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

Does anyone have a procedure to share that shows the process of generating the certificate from the AD, then importing it into the JDK keystore? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved on my own.  after configuring the AD server for SSL, the server has to be restarted.  after the restart, SSL to the AD is successful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

For this particular setup the certificate is supposed to be imported into the JVM keystore, not the Netweaver keystore according to note 1084311

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Even this is simple and has to be done using keytool. But then this SSL is not between SAP JVM  and LDAP but Server JVM and LDAP.keytool is a very standard utility.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

The JVM that my E-Sourcing application is using is the SAPJVM 5.1.  I have imported the AD cert into the SAPJVM keystore using the keytool utility.  still doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I think the understanding is wrong here vis-a-vis the note. The note talks about Server JRE (JVM) and not SAPJVM something which is used by Netweaver application only.

I would suggest you try the steps mentioned in the SAP Help link I have posted.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

In my application, I was using 636 SSL port and it was working fine. But suddenly for past two days I am getting communication error whenever I try to login. Can you say whether this could be due to the certificates or something else.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunachalam,

Did you resolve your issue, if yes can you please let me know how. Because we are facing the same communication failure while logging in .

Thanks and Regards,

Gopi Krishna