cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of final destination on Sales Order for compliance purposes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to find a standard SAP solution to the following business case:

Our goods are shipped to the ship-to party designated on the sales order. The ship-to party may then proceed to ship the goods to another country (country of final destination).

For compliance purposes, we need to capture this country of final destination on our Sales Order. How can this be achieved using out-of-the-box SAP functionality. I know that SAP-GTS has these features but unfortunately we do not plans to implement this in the near future.

Appreciate your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If you want to capture country of final destination for the purpose of information, you can make use of any one of the field in additional data tab, or can enter the information in Header Text.

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The additional data tab would involve ABAP development since the field would have to be of type LAND1 and hence would need to be a custom field in Additional data B.

The hiccup with putting it in header text is that later in the day we want to extract this data and feed it into a 3rd party compliance system that would do OFAC checks against the destination countries listed on the Sales Orders entered during the day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

in that case we have other option to enter in Delivery header Foreign trade / Customs tab in Geography tab Load / Unload place Field. I feel this field will be right choice because you want to  capture Final destination country.

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VSA,

Thanks, I was also looking for a place to put it on the outbound delivery and this is a good place to put it on. Another option is to put it on the 'Further cust offices' tab on the delivery.

I would still like it to be on the Sales Order where it can be reviewed prior to creation of the delivery document. Maybe a combination of additional data B (since there seems to be nothing standard on the sales order) and the 'Geography'/'Futher cust offices' might be the solution?

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

in that case please talk to your Tech team. ask them to create one or more fields on Addition data tab page. I feel this is the right choice if you wants it on sales  order.

Thanks

VSA

Answers (0)