cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Services - Inactive users not seen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sappers,

I've used the custom VDS setup for Identity Management to make an SPML interface of the Identity Center.

Now i tried to use the SPML Search operation and it works, but i've having some problems because i can't se users which are inactive in Identity Center.

Is there a workaround on this issue?

Best Regards

Jesper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

You are not supposed to view inactive users as that basically the same as deleted users.

The inactive user concept was introduced in 7.1 in order to be able to introduce deprovisioning

events on a user about to be deleted. A user would go into inactive state, which basically means

disappearing from normal views as if user was deleted.

This inactive state would however allow dispatcher to work on the entry before a real deletion

can take place (use inactive entry on tasks in mmc)

Anyway if you really need this you in 7.2 you should use those views called _all/_inactive for instance.

I do not recall if this is modifiable in the identity store connector in VDS.

Then on the other hand in 7.2 there is no good reason to use inactive as deletion works as it

should have worked for 7.1.

See my blog post for more on that: http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-idm/blog/2012/03/19/72-pending-delete-or-inactive-entry

Note the MX_INACTIVE will force the user into inactive state as Chris mentioned.

The MX_DISABLED was introduced in earlier version for locking out users after to many password

attempts. However in newer IdM versions was no longer needed as authentication is done against UME.

Hence the MX_DISABLE attribute could be used. (See attribute schema documentation)

Best regards,

Ivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

This is by design when you use the MX_INACTIVE attribute.  A workaround is to use MX_DISABLED attribute instead.

Regards,

Chris