cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when use element "Formatted Text Edit"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem when I use the element "Formatted Text Edit". In a view of my Web Dympro ABAP application I have this element "Formatted Text Edit" once you edit text on writing, I press a button to go to the next view, and the problem occurs, all the elements of type "inputField" are blocked and not let me write into them.

Please if anyone can help me with this problem be grateful.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The way i got to solve this problem is to use the component "Formatted Text Edit" content in a popup. when I use it in this way, does not block any elements in the next view is not the best solution but it was like I could solve.

What I do is show the text and placed it next to a button that raises a popup for editing.

Thanks for the comments.

Greetings.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my practice/observations below are the unlock & lock scenerios:

Unlock:

1. Enter any text on FormattedTextEdit UI element. (Without format, means bold/italic/H1 etc.. )

2. Now select full text what entered by you, and apply any format(Bold/H1 etc.. )

3. Now navigate to next view..

4. It is enabled to edit.

Lock:

If you do formatting in middle / first then it is not enabling edit mode.

Please check.

@Thomos has to comment for more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Chengalarayulu D,

That's the problem, but how do I fix it? How do you avoid the wrong block?

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me in detail how you designed the views because I tried to have a Formatted text edit on one view and then afetr enterinmg data into that i clicked on a button and it takes me to next screen where I have some input fields and they seems to be working fine.

Please explain me detail your design inorder to help.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to reproduce the error:

1.-Open "View 1" and change the "Formatted Text Edit" typing text into it.

2.-Press the button "Next" to navigate to the "View 2".

3.-Try to write in the "inputField" and that's where the error occurs, dont let me write into it.

I hope can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

It is working well but the thing is there might be some issue because of which you will have to wait for a couple of seconds after you click in the input field to enter some data. Just to wait for a couple of seconds after clicking in the input field and then enter some thing in the Input field it will work.

Please try and let me know, award points if found helpful.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I did the test as you indicated but is not working, do not really understand what the nature of the problem, The "Inputfiel" is associated in the context to a node called "NODELINKS" and turn to the variable "NOMBRE". Attached image to have more detail of the design, but for now the problem is not solved yet.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Raymond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that 'Read Only' Property of NOMBRE is not checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachdeva Khushboo, I think that's not the problem.

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No i was not refering to the Input Field's property. I was refering to the 'Read Only' property of the attribute NOMBRE in the context node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Check this property and is not marked.

Greetings.