cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection start and end dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

In my QA32 screen i got inspection lot createdon date, Inspection start date and inspection end dates are same as GRN date.

But i need Inspection lot created date as GRN date. I am able to get.

Inspection start date should be the date when i start results recording.

inspection end date should be UD date.

To achieve this what config i need to do

Kindly pls suggest...

Thanks & regards

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't work that way.  You can't 'config' the dates.

Creation date = date lot created on, should be same as your GR date.  I assume we are talking about 01 inspection types?  You don't specify.  To get good answers we need good questions!!!

Inspection Start date for the 01 inspection types will also be the same as the GR date usually.  If we aren't talking about 01 inspection lots, let me know, cause with other inspection types, the start date can vary.

Inspection End date is the calculated time the inspection is to end.  It is derived from the inspection start date plus the inspection duration value that comes from the inspection type setup in the material master.  Inspection end date can not be set to be the UD date or any other date automatically.  It is used in MRP and is used in calculations to determine material availability.

You can manually change the inspection start date and end date in QA02.  One bad things happen in labs (equipment breakdown, over work/scheduled, illness, lost samples etc..), you should update these values to allow MRP to plan properly.  Especially if you have inspections that take months to complete.  Not quite as important if you have daily turn around times.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

Apology for incomplete information.I was talking about inspection type 01 only.

Instead of calculating the inspection end date from start date and inspection duration cant we set default current date as inspection end date? Pls suggest.

Becoz client require this as he dont have fixed plan for completing inspection.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat ram wrote:

cant we set default current date as inspection end date? Pls suggest.

Becoz client require this as he dont have fixed plan for completing inspection.

If you want the inspection end date to default to the current date simply don't maintain the avg. insp. duration in the insepction type in the material master.  It will default to the start date of the lot.

There is no configuration available to change these dates.  You could possibly use a user exit and put in custom code to make the calculation and change the dates for you.

FF