cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data to retrieve from query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I'm working on BO 3.1 webi reports which are based on OLAP universe, I'm getting "No data to retrieve from query" but when i can check the query in the BW from Bex analyzer it returns data .

Any help much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

This error occurs due to Universe connections can be changed and redirected to different database with similar structures but less or different data. No integrity or structure errors could be raised. This might also happen when moving a universe between environments and expecting the universe connections in all environments to be the same.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182226
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

• Test Universe connection with BW the server must be responding.
  • Check Integrity of Universe on which you have created WebI report it should be "OK" (Universe designer-> tools -> Check Integrity).
  • Refresh structure of the universe. (Universe designer-> view -> Refresh structure)
  • Export universe (Universe designer->File -> Export) and then check WebI report.

hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for answering  Ravi Shankar and Avinash Verma

We have already checked the universe connections and check Integrity ,everything was working fine still we were getting same thing i.e. "No data to retrieve from query".

Even we tried splitting the queries in the webi report and merge them and build the report but it didn't worked out as we were facing many errors.

After checking all the things,we started  building the report from scratch pulling one by one object ,while doing this we have encounter the error " A database error occurred.The database error text  is : Error in MDDataSetBW.GetcellData.No more memory / roll storage space available ". In order to come out this error we started including filters/prompts and few measures(even though in our report requirements we don't need any measures) and that's how we got the data in our report.

Regards

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Usha,

BO XI R 3.1 using uses mdx query to get data from BW. Here is what I recommend

1. Try to run the using webi rich client

2. From the machine where you are running webi rich client enable the mdx logs

3. If you are running the report  from Infoview you need to enable mdx trace on the server box.

4. The locations are different if you are using a 64 bit or 32 bit machine

5. Once the mdx query is generated, go to the the workbench and execute 'mdxtest'(dont include quotes) transaction

6. You will see a screen on the right to paste the query, execute the query in xml mode. IF this gets data then there is an issue with the BO retrieving data, if you dont see any data here you will need to check with the BW query design.

Check SAP #1235111 – Enabling MDX/MDA tracing

Regards,

Laxminarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxminarayan. That issue got solved, anyways your steps to run mdx is very helpful.

former_member193430
Participant
0 Kudos

Usha, how the issue was resolved can you explain it in detail

thanks. MAT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Could you please let us know how did this Issue was resolved since we are facing the same Issue for on of our Reports.

Appreciate any help from you.

Thanks,

Sonali..

former_member193430
Participant
0 Kudos

one of the thing i figure out for this type of issues like :

1 -  No data to retrieve from query

2 -  Error in MDDataSetBW.GetcellData.No more memory / roll storage space available

if you have any query run time filters, filtering for some objects and its a static / constant filter and query spans for more than a month and multiple company codes are involved. Will encounter the error.

As a test take query level filters out and put them as a repot / block level filters or just run a test query for 1-2 month without static / constant filters, user prompts are fine.

Let me know if this helps.