cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Batch RV60SBAT: invoice mail output not processed

Former Member

Hello everyone,

I identified an issue when our billing batch RV60SBAT is processed: sometimes, one of the output type (invoice mail output) is not processed after the creation of the billing document, although all the condition of its processing is met. The ouput is only processed if i enter in the billing doc in VF02 and save it.

I identified that the error depends on a very specific pattern:

If the billing batch creates two billing documents for the same customer in sequence:

A)

1. billing doc related to a regular sales order:  invoice mail output to be generated
  2. billing doc related to an aftersales return: no invoice mail document to be generated

The invoice mail output type will not be generated for the billing doc 1  B)

1. billing doc related to an aftersales return: no invoice mail document to be generated
  2. billing doc related to a regular sales order:  invoice mail output to be generated

The invoice mail output type will be generated for the billing doc 1 even though it is not required.

The invoice mail output type will be properly generated for the billing doc 2

It seems SAP applies the output type of the next document to the current one. 

Output type of document 2 is applied to document 1

Output type of document 3 is applied to document 2

Output type of document 4 is applied to document 3

Etc.

My first question is: do you think my diagnosis is correct and have you ever seen this kind of bug in the billing batch RV60SBAT?

I am trying to find a way to sidestep the problem. Do you know if there is a way to separate invoicing by sales document type in the standard batch program RV60SBAT?

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Oliv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manlujan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Did you get any solution ? We have a similar issue where email outputs are not triggered after the billing batch job.

Thanks,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Do you have a custom program and/or custom requirement assigned to the billing output  ?
Normally RV60SBAT just calls SDBILLDL and processes each billing document in blocks of 1000 consolidating the billing documents due for billing where possible. If the output is configured to process immediately as each billiing document is saved the output will be processed at the same time for the document being generated.

You could try to separate the processes until you find the cause of the issue.

If you change the processing of the output condition record from immediate '4' to '1' or'2' the system will only generate the NAST entries for the output. You can then schedule RSNAST00 to run after the billing job and it will process the output for the billing documents created by RV60SBAT one at a time as a separate step. 

I hope it helps you further
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you ever confirm this? I think I am seeing the same with the batch job...

Regina