Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM Navigation - OIF to GAF with suspend and then GAF to OIF with resume

willem_vandyk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to perform the following navigation scenario:

Launcher component (ZOIFCOMP):

-OIF application with inputs and button added to OIF FPM component configuration  "Launch selected process" with event "ZNAV_TO_GAF"

-User inputs data and clicks button "Launch selected process" which trigers "ZNAV_TO_GAF" which then navigates to GAF application IN SAME WINDOW.

Processing component (ZGAFCOMP):

-GAF component with several steps. Contains button "Home" added to GAF FPM component configuration with event "ZNAV_TO_OIF"

- User processes steps but can navigate back to OIF at any stage by clicking "Home" button and triggering event "ZNAV_TO_GAF". Navigation back to Launcher component IN SAME WINDOW and RESUME.

Current development:

The event Z_NAV_TO_GAF is handled within the process_event method of the ZOIFCOMP component controller. Within this handler a URL to the GAF component is built and also parameter USE_SUSPEND_RESUME = 'X' is filled Then a call is made to instance of if_fpm_navigate_to->LAUNCH_URL method. This triggers navigation to the ZGAFCOMP and using USE_SUSPEND_RESUME = 'X' stays in the same window.

When navigating back from the ZGAFCOMP (when button "Home") is clicked  event ZNAV_TO_OIF is handled in the process_event method of ZGAFCOMP's component controller. Once again a URL string is created for ZOIFCOMP and method call made to instance of if_fpm_navigate_to->LAUNCH_URL. This navigates back to the initial application ZOIFCOMP but re-instantiates it.

Problem:

How can one navigate back from ZGAFCOMP to ZOIFCOMP and resume ZOIFCOMP in the state before initial navigation? Performing URL navigation from second comp back to first comp seems to create a new instance of the first comp (i.e. third application instance) instead of resuming the first comp where the navigation initiated.

I have tried using launchpads but the WebDynpro application selection seems to require a reference Portal system Alias and also when trying navigation via launchpad  in the process_event method nothing happens if the ZOIFAPP application is running outside the portal. Am going to try launchpad with URL and see if that does anything.

Attached a image containing the scenario.

Kind regards,

Willem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to implemennt the same scenario - and also other scenario with a navigation to another WD application and then back to the first FPM application.

Could you report any successful trials from your side?

kind regards

Sahla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahla,

you can use interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATE_TO to navigate between different FPM applications or any kind of applications.

Sample code for your reference.

wd_this->lo_navigate_to = wd_this->lo_fpm->get_navigate_to( )." for navigation

*_ Call Application

CALL METHOD wd_this->lo_navigate_to->launch_webdynpro_abap

EXPORTING

is_webdynpro_fields      = ls_wda_lo

is_additional_parameters = ls_additional_param_wdx

IMPORTING

et_messages              = lt_messages

ev_error                 = ld_error.

Cheers..

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

Thanks for reply. Yes you can navigate to another application in this case. But you will not be able to close it and go back to the starting application _ keeping the same context ( supsend resume).

Or did I ovrsee something?

kind regards,

Sahla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahla,

If we use above interface it is not possible to return, we may need to check other option.

Cheers,

San.