cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchcode functionality configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Can anyone tell me, how to configure matchcode functionality, to check for duplicate customer master records, at the time of customer master creation?

The purpose is, the system should check for Duplicate customer master records at the time of CMR creation.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth

You can try this. I think it will work, but not sure. So please test it in the system once before deciding.

In the tcode OBB2, give the field no (which is nothing but the serial number. As per the serial no, the search will be done), the field name (give only the field name, not the table name) and the third field the description of the field name. These fields are the core fields the system will search while creating the data. If there is already a data available for these fields similar to what you are trying to give (all the fields are consider together, not or condition but and condition, hope that is clear to me)

Once this is done, go to OB49, and in the search help DEBI, include the field KUNNR as import and export parameter.

Now start creating a customer with the same values for the fields you have mentioned in OBB2 as already available in the system for a customer. The system should say that there is already a customer available with the customer number <xxxxxxxxx> with the same data.

Please test and post the results