Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 7.1 managed system configuration

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SOLMAN 7.1, we finished all initial and basic configuration. While in managed system configuration on the same we are getting error in the automatic configuration (Managed system configuration) Interscope host adapter.

The phase where we are getting error and the error screenshot has been shown below:

Kindly let us know on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Sharib Tasneem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

SAP HostAgent may be older version. try upgrading SAP host agent. Refer to note

1585564 - SAP Host Agent is not reachable or must be updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharib,

Is Wily installed and running on concerned hos?

Regards.

Ruchit

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

We have installed wily through SOLMAN_SETUP during Basic Configuration step and it is running properly on SOLMAN system.

We are not sure if there is any need to install Stand-alone Wily for each Satelite system.

Thanks,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

I had set up RCA for SOLAM 7.0 EHP1couple of years back and while I have worked on 7.1 never had to do from Wily perspective. So my opinion is based on my experience and maynot be correct/applicable for 7.1 though doesn't look like the case.

In 7.0 EHP1 you had to install Wily explicitily at OS level. Wily is a 3rd party product and you have to download its installable and then execute it manually.For unix it is a shell script.

Once it is done you can define it in initial/basic configuration wizard.

I think you have done that but probably not installed Wily actually at OS level. And if remember correctly I had deployed Wily on each concerned managed system host.This is what the documentation said.

Of course that was 701 and this is 710 but I don't think this part might have got changed.

Further you can find installation guide for Wily 8.0/9.0 in the same section as installation guides for SOLMAN 7.1.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ruchit is right, first the Wily Introscope EM has to be setup - usually and only on the SolMan host:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001995842008E

Follow the installation procedure as in the link above. Then all the Wily agents will connect to this EM installed on the SolMan host so that the data is collected centrally and available to the SolMan.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit/Srikishan,

I agree that Standalone Wily needs to be installed on SOLMAN System. And we have installed wily from SOLMAN_Setup and have created the desired directory manually at OS level, assigned permissions and extracted Wily EM files over there and finished installation. Now from OS level from /bin in the wilyintroscope file you can start wily and use it in the similar way as we have done it in SOLMAN 7.01.

The screenshot shows the same.

Can you tell me something more about "I had deployed Wily on each concerned managed system host" , so that I can also check if something is missing on the satellite host.

Best Regards,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of SolMan 7.1, the Wily byte code agent is installed by the SOLMAN_SETUP managed system setup wizard itself for the corresponding managed system.

Please check in the SMD diag agen trace file jvm_smdagent.out on the managed system's host. This should show if the agent is connected to the Solution Manager.

Regards,

Srikishan