Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP decryption module error

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a java io error when trying to use the sap pgp module for decryption.

Can anyone see anything obvious that I am missing? Is the format for the root key path correct?

Any ideas on how I can debug this?

regards

Julian

I moved the keys to the default location but the error persists.

Julian

Message was edited by: julian christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolution supplied by Vishnu Prasad and Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam from SAP Labs. Problem was caused by an additional carriage return in the private key. How they figured that out I have no idea.

They also pointed me tot his excellent document written by Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam, Learning Series SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, Secure Connectivity add-on 1d PGP Module

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please make sure that the root path you have mentioned is accessible by the user <SID>adm. It would be ideal if the user has all the privileges to that folder.

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I can successfully encrypting using the same keys I am using to decrypt, but decryption fails on the private key. The keys being used are the same used to decrypt the files using cuteFTPpro.

Grasping at straws but could it be the type of key used for decryption. I note in your blog your private key had a .skr extension where as mine has a .asc extention. Perhaps there is an inconsistency on the decryption side of the module.

Any suggestions?

regards

Julian

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Have you checked these requeriments?:

SAP NetWeaver 2004 (XI 3.0), SP 12 or higher. SAP NetWeaver 2004s (PI 7.0), SP 8 or higher. SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, SP 6 or higher. SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 and 7.3.

May you know these blogs, there are very interesting, you can check if you are missing something:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/10/pgpencryption-module-how-to-guide

http://scn.sap.com/people/sekhar.dachepalli/blog/2010/12/16/pgp-encryption-and-decryption-process-in...

(Also, don't forget to "like" or rate (or both) the blog in case you find it useful.)

Regards