SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does real time retail Domain experience helps to get into SAP IS RETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear practice experts and leaders ,

i am very much interested to start my career in SAP IS retail . i got a domain experience of 4 years worked as a part of buying and merchandising team for a leading hypermarket format retailer who had merchandise like perishables , fmcg ,electronics and him appliance , furniture , sports and fashion.

i got a sound knowledge on all the business process of retailing starting from sourcing ,order management,  merchandising planning and assortment , item master , supplier management , pricing , promotions , store operations, retail metrics  and POS .

would request you to spare few minutes of yours to kindly guide me on How can i retail professional like me can get into SAP IS Retail .

regards,

Deepak

8 REPLIES 8

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definatly it is useful your carier into SAP IS reatils as your experience you can map business process into SAP.To get into starter carier do SAP certifaction or join as a end user to learn SAP process flow .

0 Kudos

hi sridhar,

thank you very much for your response. i actually had gone thro' some of the basics of SAP IS retail via SAP IS retail Help and explored the various process flows.

i believe that with the help of my  exposure to retail business and the activities what i had done in last four years were part of the SAP IS retail fortunately.

certifications i did enquired with few people , but no where IS retail is available as an option rather they are suggesting SD ...

SInce , IS retail is industry specific solution i would like to do that certification or aspring to get into functional role for SAP IS retail only.

but i am not able to locate a training partner neither i am not able to join a implemetation partner without IS retail  real time experience.

thats why i posted "does real time retail experience helps to get into sap  IS Retail "

regards,

deepak

0 Kudos

hi sridhar,

thank you very much for your response. i actually had gone thro' some of the basics of SAP IS retail via SAP IS retail Help and explored the various process flows.

i believe that with the help of my  exposure to retail business and the activities what i had done in last four years were part of the SAP IS retail fortunately.

certifications i did enquired with few people , but no where IS retail is available as an option rather they are suggesting SD ...

SInce , IS retail is industry specific solution i would like to do that certification or aspring to get into functional role for SAP IS retail only.

but i am not able to locate a training partner neither i am not able to join a implemetation partner without IS retail  real time experience.

thats why i posted "does real time retail experience helps to get into sap  IS Retail "

regards,

deepak

0 Kudos

You may not get certification specific to retail.You need to lean any one modues specific to your experience either SD or MM.So that with the base module sap experience you can enter into sap retail.

The std flow is same in ratail and manuafturing process.The terminology and some specific to industrial get change.

To enter into SAP either you should have certification or some sap experiance in SAP.First learn SAP then attend interviews if interviewer finds you have storong retail functional knowledge then he may offer you sap job.

It is all about case to case .All the best..

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check in the below link. It will take you to the SAP Retail Certification details.

https://training.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_isr_60-sap-certified-application-associate-retail-wit...

I am an SAP Retail Certified consultant..so am very sure that we have specific certification for SAP Retail.

Thanks,

Madhura

0 Kudos

hi vel,

thanks for your response and guiding link ...the certification options are available outside india ..:) anyways , now i believe that i have to start having a plan to prepare and travel to crack the certification..any thoughts on the benefits of e -learning options will we get an option to practice on the screen via web ?

i know i asking for too much of your help ...hope you won't mind ..kindly revert at your convenient time.

regards,

deepak

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need not travel out of India to take up your retail Certification.

For training and certification on retail reach out in the below address.they can guide you the best.

SAP India Pvt Ltd

Wing A, 2nd Floor, Tower – B,

Salarpuria Softzone,

Sarjapur Outer Ring Road,

Bellandur Post,

Bangalore- 560 103

India

Contact Number: (91) 80 4082 9000

Fax: (91) 80 4136 5550

E-mail: education.india@sap.com

You will also be given access to SAP servers during your training.

All the best

Madhura

0 Kudos

hi,

i did contacted them , unfortunately the course and certification is yet to be started in india. they conveyed me that they will get back to me whenever they plan to start.

if you don't mind can you advise me on how did you happen to prepare for your certification and where did you gave it.

regards,

deepak